Helping schools in Morocco

My name is Rahil Virani and I'm a student from Texas A&M University. Recently, I was given the opportunity to create an overseas project or help with an ongoing overseas issue. After speaking with many of my colleagues, we decided it would be a good idea to get donations of school supplies, books, and currency in order to further female education and education in general throughout Morocco. This task will be hard and it will be time consuming but we are a determined group of students pleased to be given the chance at making a difference. If anyone has any information on schools or institutions looking for help in any sort of way to progress the education of Moroccan children, please contact me. I truly wish you all the best and hope we can move forward together in the near future.

Welcome to Expat-blog, Rahil012m :)

This is a good initiative for fostering female education in Morocco and providing support and assistance.

All the best.

Hope that members soon get in touch with you.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Rahil,
For such activities, you need a local partner, I can propose an NGO: "Association Béni Zemmour pour le développement social & culturel à Boujaad & Environs"
Their objectives are to integrate women in the development process, children education in rural areas, reduce rural emigration to urban areas and reduce "illegal" emigration to Europe.
Here are thier contact data for more information:
Tél. : 523414679
Email : [email protected]
spoutnik02.skyblog.com
Regards,
Gaudi

That is amazing. Thank you so much for the information! I plan to email them later on this evening to see what help we can get and how to further implement our program. I will keep writing on this forum to keep you updated on my status as well as our projects. Once again, thank you so much for your help in such short time as well. I look forward to speaking with you again.

Hi Rahil,
This is a wonderful initiative and one that I can't support enough.  I live in Marrakesh and work with helping a small number of single mothers.  I realize what an impact education could have had on these women in helping them make good choices about their lives and bodies. 
I'd like to help you with this project insha Allah. 
Please keep me updated.
Nora Fitzgerald.

Hi, I am interested in doing some volunteer work in Marrakech.  I have been a bit disillusioned with the prices (and who the money actually benefitys)on some of the websites I have found and was wondering if anyone living in Marrakech has any information on independant volunteer work with women and children.  I would look to renting an apartment for 3-4 months.
Any information would be much appreciated.
thanks
Karen

I'd like to know how this has been progressing.

Hi Karen,
I live in Marrakesh and am also active in helping young women and children.  Can you give me more of an idea of what you'd like to do, what languages you speak, etc?  Feel free to email me at [email protected] and perhaps I can be of some help.  It's wonderful that you have the desire to volunteer.
Nora from Marrakesh.

We are considering posts in Morocco (prolly Marrakesh) or Cairo.  3 kids, one with special education needs.  Is this just a bad idea or can it work out.  We can  staying in Spain.  Kids need an English school, Mommy needs friends.

welcome on board texana ;)

May be you shall also start a new topic with your queries (it will be more visible and will of course allow you in getting feedback more quickly ;) )

Regards

hello
I am a school teacher in south of Morocco; exactly in Zagora: the door of the desert where the population is poor and I am interested by your ad because our children need help : providing clothes and other
I am at your disposal
friendly
Said