B&B or Cafe in Elhovo

Hi Peeps my wife and i are thinking of selling up and moving to Elhovo to open a small B&B with snack bar/Cafe we used to have a Blackpool B&B so we're not new to the concept, but are worried about the basics, ie language difficulties,legalities,
and if we decide to bring our daughter and Grand-daughter,schooling. If anyone has done anything similar Please let us benifit from your experience...thanks Mark

Welcome to Expat-blog, Mark :)

Hope that members soon reply back to you and share their experiences of living in Bulgaria.

Regards,
Sheetul

thecoolfool wrote:

Hi Peeps my wife and i are thinking of selling up and moving to Elhovo to open a small B&B with snack bar/Cafe we used to have a Blackpool B&B so we're not new to the concept, but are worried about the basics, ie language difficulties,legalities,
and if we decide to bring our daughter and Grand-daughter,schooling. If anyone has done anything similar Please let us benifit from your experience...thanks Mark

Hi there Mark,

I have a 3 story B&B for sale. It is completely renovated from top to bottom

This building consists of 3 apartments.

Each floor has the following:

Top floor

Kitchen: fully fitted with washing machine, fridges and cookers with door to patio to enjoy the views of yambol and Turkey.

Living room: fully fitted with sofas, TV, central heating system, very spacious along with lovely big windows to let the lovely sunshine in. Also has a door to the tersest
Bedrooms: fully fitted with beds cupboards and curtains.
Bathroom:  Great size with your usual toilet sink and shower and towel rail

Stairs: open with a lovely window to let lots of sunlight in.

2nd floor
This floor also has a kitchen living room bathroom but with more bedrooms with a slightly different layout.

Bottom floor
Again the same features with different layout. This floor has a slightly larger bathroom

Garage: very large with great space.

Garden: Very large with private walls approx 3quarters of an achier

All rooms have brand new air conditioning; bedrooms also have new drawers, bedside tables and beds with new bedding. Everything is NEW

Appliances are also all new and radiators throughout
If you are interested feel free to contact me.

regards

Paul and kully

Hello Paul and Kully,
You should maybe also post this in Bulgaria's Classifieds under Accommodation, Offices, Commercials, Restaurants section?
Have a nice day further
Arlette

Mark, don't do it. Since you're foreign you will rely only on foreign clients until the place get's known. Elhovo is a very small town, and you could be having even trouble with the owners of other grills/restaurants/bbq's

Unless you open up a restaurant for foreign food everyone will look at you very sceptically and even be embarrassed. An if you do it, do it in a big town - people don't have money in Elhovo.

Hi Mark

DONT DO IT!! I live on this side of bulgaria and it is not a place where you would get any custom,most people live off thier land and dont have money to spend on B&Bs most people form this area have never been out of their village,this kind of village is mostly for older bugarian people or a place like me to retire to,there is no tourism in this area,my favourate large town is Yambol where it is much busier and there are lots of people but even there i think you will find it very difficult,i have seen a irish pub/bar open on the main street and it was open a matter of weeks before i heard they returned to the uk,I would not let anyone tell you otherwise you will lose any money thats you put into this business,also i think you will have trouble with other cafe,coffee shop owners as there is little trade to start with and the owners will protect what custom they have.I would not return to the UK may i add i love being here and wouldnt want to live anywhere else.
Good luckBewware of people trying to sell you renovated properties as most of these people are trying to return to the U as things have not gone as planned,i should know i bought one of these homes!

One more vote for DO NOT DO IT!!! Last two posts before mine, explain the reasons perfectly.

Look for an area where there is more tourism.Elhovo is not the place...