Tourist Visa Extension?

Can any one tell me have you applied for this extension< do you have any tips or tricks, my daughter and i visas run out next week, my husband has had no time to apply for a self employed work permit? Comments please? I think I need to fill out the forms, attach the documents they ask for then drive to PL and drop them off? This may sound silly question, but don't want to waste any time!!
Thanks Mom!

Hi mom2cc :)

Hope that members soon respond to your visa query.

Good luck

Regards,
Sheetul

Thanks Seetul,
Any info would be great! The blog is so good for info...
Thanks
in advance
Mom

Mom2cc

You will be able to extend for another 3 months only ( assuming you are currently on your  initial 3 months on a tourist visa) and you will have to follow the procedure:The following documents should be submitted on Application for the Extension of a Visa.

» Visa-Extension Application Form duly filled and signed by applicant.(Visa Form may be downloaded from PIO website: http://passport.gov.mu
» Photocopy of the data pages of applicant's passport + Page on which Arrival Stamp has been affixed.

» Copy of confirmed Return Ticket. (Original to be produced).

» Bank statement.

» Hotel booking or Letter from sponsor. If sponsored by a Mauritian citizen, latter to submit:-

(a) A Letter of Sponsorship stating:

(i) name, address,

(ii) Telephone number,

(iii) profession of the sponsor and

(iv) relationship with the applicant,

(b) National Identity Card,

(c) A Utility Bill + copy. (To confirm the address of the sponsor).

Source : Passport and Immigration Office - Mauritius
http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/passportS … 9a68521ca/

I don't know  what type of visa your husband is holding for his stay but if you want to stay longer he will have to declare you as his dependents so that your visa is changed from the tourist one.

Hi Ex!
I was only stamped for 2 months on a tourist visa in August, I don't know  why they did not stamp us for three months? Sure would have helped. My husband is going to apply for a self employed visa, which we will fall under the spouse and child.
I do understand these rules and went to this exact website, one question though, would our estate agent be able to write a letter stating the fact we have signed a one year lease? or do we need a letter from the Mauritian who's house we have leased?
Thanks for your help..
Mom

Mom2cc

1. what is (was) the date on your return ticket when you first landed in Mauritius?
2. Under what type of visa is your husband in Mauritius?

It all depends on what you said to the immigration chap when you first landed at the airport?

In addition to the various documents referred to above DO NOT FORGET that they wil want two passport phots. It appears that it is solely at the discretion of the immigration officer on duty when you are arrive at the airport whether he/she stamps for two or three months-no hard and fast rules apply which is pretty general with most things here!!!!

Hi
We landed all as tourists visas, my husband does not have an issue because he leaves and comes back and gets a new stamp. Our return ticket was/is for 6 months, i do know that have made a note of this, and told them we were to apply under the BIM, or whatevert they call it here. The last time my husband came thru there was a note saying that the permit was pending, but we have not even started the process....I think they made a note because of the 6 month return ticket.
any more commets would be great, I do have a local chap helping me but really like know things first hand. It sounds like I need to apply for the extension, then we need to go ahead with a self employed permit.
Thank you thank you thank you for all your help!!!
M