Hello - running away from venezuela - can i get refuge in Brazil?

am a Nigerian running away from my country to Venezuela through brazil but i was refused to board to Venezuela in brazil, so am being threaten to be deported back to my country where i was running away from due to some terrorist activities in my country, can i really seek for refuge in brazil and how long will it take for them to grant me such request

You should have requested refugee status immediately upon arrival in Brazil. It is highly unlikely that they would accept an application now. Also the chances of being granted refugee status are very poor, in 2013 (the last year I can find figures for) not one of the claims made by Nigerian citizens was granted. I think you should prepare yourself for a speedy return to your homeland, that is what will quite likely happen.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Just to demonstrate the problem you are going to be facing in 2013 there were a total of 5256 refugee claims (over twice as many as in the previous year). The vast majority (1837) refugee claims were from citizens of Bangladesh and not one of those claims were accepted.

In the same year there were 143 claims made by citizens of Nigeria, and only 18 of those were accepted. As I said, your chances are extremely poor. If I were you I would go back home voluntarily to avoid deportation and that big ugly "DEPORTED" stamp that will get placed in your passport and destroy your chances of getting into many countries.

I also noticed in your profile that you were living in Durban, South Africa. Brazil (and probably no other country) would accept your refugee claim since you were already in a "safe country" and you had already left Nigeria. You can only make a refugee claim in the first safe place you reach. The world is not a patchwork quilt where you can just pick and choose the shape, size and color of the piece of cloth that suits you.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks due, but there is xenophobic attacks is south Africa were I use to live, and I was only denied to board to venezuela from Brazil because  the airline did not find my Visa to Venezuela satisfactory, those this mean I can't seek Asylum  in brazil, SInce I could not board to Venezuela being my last destination .

No, it does not mean that. Seeking refugee status must be done in the first safe country you enter. If you are a Nigerian citizen, seeking refugee status based on the situation in Nigeria then you should have applied immediately upon arrival in South Africa where you have been living. The Brazilian government wouldn't even consider your application. They'll just put you on the next plane out to Nigeria if you don't leave voluntarily. That is exactly why they've already told you that you face deportation.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

where are you now bro ?

I get you running from your home country, but why Venezuela?  Venezuela is dangerous, politically unstable, food shortages are rampant, housing shortages are big, and the government is a total dictatorship with no clue how to manage it's money.  Running from your home country with the same issues to go to another country with most of the same problems sounds counter productive at the very least.

I'm English,with girlfriend in Paraná,for ten years,visited,now,8times,lived there for 9,months,got my allowed 90,days,extended,twice,by,police federal,then had to return to England,is there anyway I can live in Brazil,without getting married,I am 54,years of age,its seems so hard to get married there,I believe I need proof of address in England,clean police record,which I have ,divorce,papers which I have,,can anyone advise me,I know I have to have these all made again to update,I have had all these once before,but when I visited the catario,in umuarama Paraná,they said all that I needed was,proof of divorce,birth cert proof of,identity,police record,clean,and proof of address in England,,,,,will I have to have all these papers,translated,and motorised,and will the British embassy in sao Paulo help or advise me...thanks mark wood

Hello Wood mark,

Without actually getting married, no. For a stable union VIPER (Permanência defiinitiva com base em união estável) you must be able to prove that you have lived together as a couple for ONE YEAR continuously. Documents proving the relationship would be things like a rental contract or property deed in both names, a joint bank account, life insurance policy naming one as insured and the other as beneficiary, joint tax return, or the like. Any probatory documents must be at least one year old.

Regarding the proof of address, that would be proof of address in Brazil, not in the UK. Regarding the Birth Certificate, Divorce Certificate, etc., if they were legalized by the Consulado-Geral do Brasil at home, and authenticated either by the Home Office or consularized here in Brazil, then they are still valid and shouldn't need to be updated.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team