What area to live in Rome with a dog?

Hi, I am planning to move to Rome in January/February this coming year.  I have a Labradoodle dog and therefore want to live somewhere just outside of the city where I can walk her easily. 

I preferably want a one bedroomed apartment with access to either a garden or patio and good transport links into the centre.  Would this be possible for a rent of around 800 euros a month in a good/safe area? Can you recommend any good areas to live?  And are dog walkers easy to find?!

Thank you so much for any advice you can give.

:)

Welcome to Expat-blog,SallyLove :)

Hope that members soon respond to your queries.

In the mean time,for accommodation, you could view Rome classifieds, there are few flats available for rent.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thank you for getting in touch Sheetul.  No responses yet, but I do hope someone out there can offer me some advice!  Best Wishes Sally:)

Hi Sally - I forgot the name of the area in which I live but very big dog park and EVERYONE has dogs. It is a rather expensive area, and someone else might be able to tell you the name of the area - It is near Piazza Ungheria, Via Liegi, Panama, Parioli, etc. I can see three or 4 bus/tram stops from my window, we have a polizia booth and church out my window, and it is very near the Cabinieri headquarters, and their park if you have connections, and sort of near the US EMbassy. good luck.I'm sure dogwalkers are easy to find b/c there are so many "people walkers" all over the sidewalks - nonna-types who need a young woman to help them get some exercise! Be in touch when you arrive if you have time. [email protected]

Hi Sally,
Hope this response isn't getting to you too late, but I just came across your post.  I'd say finding an apartment near on of the two large parks in the center of the city would be your best bet.  Villa Borghese is the most well known and you might be able to find an apartment in the Flamino area in that price range.  Villa Doria Pamphili is the other large park and living in Monteverde or Monteverde Vecchio would make getting there very easy.  If you have a look at our website hopefully you'll find some other helpful information about moving here. younginrome.com/#/living/4543901665
Sam and Gabe

Rome is a very dog friendly city, many ppl have dogs and parks area to be found everywhere.