Food in France

There are so many and popular dishes in France like blanquette de veau etc. But what the French people eat in everyday life? I ´m wainting for yours propositions :)

Dobre djen Nikamatys !

It depends on the kind of incomes you may have.
Lot of people to-day in France are looking carefully to their way of living and eating.
That's why they consider what they will eat as part of their budget they need to controll.
and most of them are used now to make sandwiches for example as in scandinavia. Or, at least they eat a sandwich if they don't make it themselves. I mean going to restaurant is not so easy and by consequency the price rose up and at the same time the quality got doown.
That's why fast food and chains of cheap restaurant fitt in malls is a common place to eat. As probably all over the western world.
So the food is getting simplier and simplier. but the quality isn't !

nikamatys wrote:

There are so many and popular dishes in France like blanquette de veau etc. But what the French people eat in everyday life? I ´m wainting for yours propositions :)

I noticed with my husband's family they always have breads, salads, tomatoes, yogurts, cheese (of course), and fruits on the table. Poulet basquaise is my favorite dish.

Well "french foods"

never forget you're living in a country which is famoust all over the world for its gastronomy. (and wines, cheeses etc...some particular dishes / recepts based on special products that foreigners will never eat such as frogs, etc...)

But, First : French are often forgetting also ...there are very nice foods in some other countries such as marrocan cooking, or chinese, , lebanon and middle-eastern cooking. greek one indian one,
Oh ! i forgot the italian one etc ... etc...

But it's absolutly true I discovered how diversified is the french cooking and culture compared to ...
...Do / may  I give names ? wouh ... wouh ... wouh !....
Ii'm scared to get back a "stick-beaten-treatment" even if ....just by posts !
some "souvenirs" :  : scandinavia in general, eastern-countries of europe and some others ...

But please note that most of french people ordinary don't eat at nice and famous restaurants all year long. consedering their area of living and their social status ( and your own gastronomic and cultural background and expereinces) you'll have - or, not ! - a nice view of "what is the french gastronomy". nevertheless, it's true that it's a worthy one even if you're with oridnary people. especially if you spent times on regional discoverings ... (there are so numerous !) : it's a whole wonderfull world ( cf "poulet basquaise" and so many others local or regional dishes...). These typical cooking you can make it at home after.

But that's the second point to be carefull with : don't buy foods in malls, supermarkets etc...
Go to visit farms around your surroundings and buy "good traditional foods". Safety one and tasty old species. Not on tourist tours ! directly to little farms you can find on website " bio-farms" etc...

Better eat less but fine and tasty foods than things coming from other far parts of the world, through oceans ... long trips on boats and bad condition of grows. Generally...

So enjoy life ! be frugal and educate your tong, noze, and other "senses".
just be happy !