Ministry of health - health issue - Hepa B Carrier.

Hello.  Is there someone knows if MINISTRY OF Health of Oman will accept the letter from the Doctor that I am a HEPA B CARRIER, but HEALTHY CARRIER that is not infectious/cannot harm to others.  I hope someone will help me.. =(

Bureche06 wrote:

Hello.  Is there someone knows if MINISTRY OF Health of Oman will accept/acknowledge  the letter from the Doctor that I am a HEPA B CARRIER, but HEALTHY CARRIER that is not infectious/cannot harm to others.  I hope someone will help me.. I will really appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thank you.

Hi Bureche06,

You must convince your GAMCA medical doctor there to certify you as 'Fit to travel' while getting your reports there itself.

Unfortunately, you cannot do anything about amending or altering your medical test report once it is issued.

I read before from someone that he can apply for family visa if the MOH OMAN will certify or give him health clearance.   How is it possible/true?

Bureche06 wrote:

Hello.  Is there someone knows if MINISTRY OF Health of Oman will accept the letter from the Doctor that I am a HEPA B CARRIER, but HEALTHY CARRIER that is not infectious/cannot harm to others.  I hope someone will help me.. =(

Hi
Briefly I tell you some basic facts:
Hepatitis-B Virus carriers aka "HBsAg positive" (Hepatitis-B 's' Antigen) are of 2 types.
(1) Those with chronic liver disease (with 2 sub-types, with remission & without remission)
(2) Those without liver disease ('healthy')
The 'Healthy' or 'inactive' Hepatitis-B carrier state is diagnosed by absence of Hepatitis-B 'e' Antigen, normal liver enzymes levels, and minimal or no liver pathology.
Now, your body must completely clear the 's' Antigen to get rid of the carrier status.
Since you are still "HBsAg positive", spontaneous reactivation of Hepatitis-B remains a possibility (20-30%). I don't think they (MOH) will give clearance. Well, the decision is up to them....

I have read somewhere that UAE/Dubai has relaxed its restriction on healthy Hep-B carriers.

All the best!

For info, posts from another thread ( about same query) created by Bureche06 has been merged onto this one.

The Liver is one of the most sensitive part of the body, the infection can circulate n attack other organs weakening e white blood cells. Hepatitis B is a very dangerous disease. Your health should be priority here. Good luck

same issue with hep C.