What makes you wanna move to Tunisia?

I found a lot of people here that want to move to Tunisia. So what makes you want to come here? Love? Quality of Life? I'm very curious to find out :)

Hi, im curious too...im contemplating moving for love at the age of 45...i dont know whether its the right decision yet. Im giving up my job here because, im a maths teacher, because my fiance wants to work till 50 and then retire and then we will hopefully return to Cape Town, South Africa.
My fears are the differences in culture, eventhough im muslim too, i know there are lifestyle changes that i would need to adapt to. But that is the least of my worries. Im afraid that i would not be able to find a job in tunisia. He lives in Tunis and says there are plenty of international schools there that i could apply to. But ive read that it's quite difficult to find employment if you're an expat. He is able to afford it if im unemployed but i would prefer to work and have my own money.
From the pics he sent me, tunisia looks amazingly beautiful. The pristine, postcard-like beaches, the bustling city of tunis, the markets, the historical places...it appeals to me. But then the threat of terrorism is also very real. I shouldnt be saying this because certain areas of Cape Town are worse 😣.
I must admit there are a few niggling thoughts...the "male only coffee shops" i find quite bizarre. But i suppose there are other family type coffee shops/restaurants i could frequent. Im visiting tunisia in April 2016 to see whether i could adapt and i will make my decision then.
As mentioned before, im very curious to hear what other people's reasons for relocating are. Im halfway there...should i find a job then im definitely there in a heartbeat 👍

I agree, it's better to find a job. Why don't you start applying online and see if you get positive answers.

Waw! A South African in Tunisia. You're still in Africa though, dont worry :)

I think you'll make up your mind when you visit here. Maybe you need more than 1 visit to see if life suits you here.

Well, about the man coffee places, they almost disppeard. I see more women with shorts and skirts in cafes than man. Only in rural places you can still find few cafes with mainly man. You'll find out when you visit here.

Yes youre right...the bonus is im still in Africa 💃. I am searching online but im thinking of doing something other than teaching.
Ive noticed yes, im ashamed to say this so please forgive me 😞, that my preconceived ideas about female dress code is just that...preconceived and ill-informed 😂its very much like here in SA...there are conservatives and the not-so-conservatives 👍.
Perhaps i would need to visit more than once. But overall from what ive seen, Tunisia is gorgeous and like my fiance says....its a little of europe at a fraction of the price!

I have been living in ZA before and I am in Tunisia for the last 4 months. Beautiful country and very westernized. I am really surprised the way women dress here. However, I think you will feel safer here than in South Africa. :top:

I think you really have to visit here - it is not what you expect.  From the outside you will be amazed at how open the society is and not conforming to Western stereotypes of what an Islamic country is.  Remember if the terrorists are trying to harm this country it is because it is open and supports women's rights and other concepts that they see as Western.  But from the inside Tunisia is more traditional than it is appears; the family is very important and at the centre of everything.  This means that for an outsider it can be difficult to make friends locally, but the younger people are more open so this depends on your age.  You are right that getting work is difficult.  You really need French and Arabic.  BUT this year and last year there have been many new schools opening up and I really recommend you approach the British school here in Tunis (bistunis) or one of the others (Canadian School of Tunis, ktis).  They are all desperate to find teachers that can teach in English - also give you an opportunity to make new friends