Tax advice Malta - professional gambler

Dear Sir/Madam

I am professional gambler ( online sports betting )

1. Could you kindly tell me if I have to pay tax from my winnings ?

if anwer is YES:

2. Do I have to pay tax from my net profit only ? for example in 2016 - I lost 10k and won 20k - in this case I only pax tax from 10k, correct ?

3. I am gambling via internet at my home address ( I need only my home, computer and internet ). Could you kindly tell me if I can use that costs as my expenses ( rent and internet cost ) ?

4. If I would stay in Malta physically only for 5 months per year - Do I still have to pay income tax ?

thank you so much for your understanding,

Without this reply being any form of tax advice the answer for Malta is no. You do not have to pay taxes on gambling winnings in Malta.

Whether or not you have to pay taxes in general in Malta or in your home country is a different question.

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky, I have just spoke to inland revenue and they told me that gamblings winningsa are taxed on Malta ( Income tax return) . They could not answer more question and advice to send them an e-mail.

Have a look on http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ .

Lots of Scandinavians in Malta playing online poker and theres lots of topics about it.Some conflicting posts though!

matlondoner wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am professional gambler ( online sports betting )

2. Do I have to pay tax from my net profit only ? for example in 2016 - I lost 10k and won 20k - in this case I only pax tax from 10k, correct ?

If you already know what you won and lost in 2016 how come you lost anything at all !!!

Ray
:joking:

Ray this is just example

thank you SunshineLover2011 - very good forum