90 day visa change ?

Am hearing some posters on other forums saying the 90 day tourist visa for Panama is now 180 days.Has anyone else heard this or gotten one ?

I just called David and Santiago migration and both said 180 days for the tourist visa now.You now have 90 days more.

Yes, I went thru Tocumen back in July and when asked about the visa he said 180 days now and I didn't need the multivisa stamp anymore as well. We'll see when I leave again.

They are so screwed up THEY don't even know the rules. Beware when coming thru David of the $1000.00 scam they run there. NEVER pay or sign a document saying you agree to pay. Its a scam!!!! Tell them you want them to call the main office in PTY. All of a sudden you are good to go. If they keep you there, they are responsible for feeding you and any medical care you may need. Thats what I used....I need to go to the hospital....chest pains. BOOM....I was on the next flight out!!!!

Also, you may want to avoid using MULTIBANK for anything. They are the worst bank next to HSBC. They are a bunch of lying morons and screw you around to cover their own ass. If you have funds there now I would recommend you move them to any bank but the aforementioned. Make sure they give you a letter of recommendation. Use the excuse that their online banking doesn't work properly. IT'S THE TRUTH. They've lost wire transfers and utility payments. Also if you want a new DEBIT card, it probably won't work and they have no clue on how to fix it. THE TRUTH.

Remember....if their lips are moving, they are lying!!!!

I think it depend on the country that you are from.  I believe that the U.S. is still currently 90 days.  I'm from the U.S. and have to still leave every 90 days.

Hi,
Just got back from the border and I was over the 90 day's and no one said anything.When I checked back into Panama I was told I had 180days.By the way I have an american passport.

Yes - that explains why when I visited the Panama Embassy in my home city last week (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) they told me it's definitely, definitely six months, not three.

I agree with you JIMFORRESTER.
Be aware of the $1000 scam in David and the $500 scam at the Paso Canoas scam.

MultiBank, HSBC, CreditCorp, Banco Aliado, Banco General, Universal Bank are all own by wealthy Panamanian families who are working together, not against each other.  Citibank is even in on the game.  I had a Citibank account outside of Panama only to find they weren't the same when Citibank in Panama took over Banco Uno.  Take care.

What is the $1000 Scam?

Elias Levy wrote:

I agree with you JIMFORRESTER.
Be aware of the $1000 scam in David and the $500 scam at the Paso Canoas scam.

MultiBank, HSBC, CreditCorp, Banco Aliado, Banco General, Universal Bank are all own by wealthy Panamanian families who are working together, not against each other.  Citibank is even in on the game.  I had a Citibank account outside of Panama only to find they weren't the same when Citibank in Panama took over Banco Uno.  Take care.

Yes, what is the $1,000 scam?????

HI

Is it really 180 days for US passport holders???
I see varius answers in some posts
Does anyone know for sure
Please
Panos Li

Once again I'll give you my expierence.I cross very often between Panama and Costa Rica at Paso Canoas and allways recieve 180 days visa and I allways ask if this is current and they tell me yes.

When entering Panama do you need to show a travel ticket showing you are leaving?  Also, when 180 days is up, can you just shoot acrosss the broder to CR for a 2 days and then come back for a fresh 180 stay?