Coming to Boquete next week

Hello Expats,

We are in PC at the moment going through the paperwork for our Permanent Visa. We are from Montreal, Canada and we are wondering if you could suggest a place to stay in Boquete for 4 nights.

We are stopping in Coronado and Pedasi before heading for Boquete.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Michel & Mimi

See thread discussing the home robberies and assaults on expats and keep your eyes wide open!

I can recommend Marni's cottages if there is something available.

Marni's page

marnicraig at gmail.com

For a less housekeeping experience we thought both Isla Verde and Palo Alto Inn looked amazing.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your recommendations..

We are currently at Palo Alto Inn and it is really nice. Not far from here is Boquete Garden Inn and seems amazing as well.

Boquete is a real nice place.

See you soon!

We'll be back there in January. Maybe stay at Isla Verde. Check it out while you're there. And enjoy a nice breakfast at Sugar n Spice!
Cheers!

How long are you going to be there? Unfortunately I don't think you can use this until next week but here it is just in case http://ofertasimple.com/ofertas/panama/ … ung+Galaxy

Hello Sunset Steve

Have you and your wife decided on retiring to Panama, or or you still looking? Are you also considering Ecuador?  Any thoughts on comparisons would be greatly appreciated, as other Canadians in similar circumstances would find your views illuminating, particularly with the present U.S. dollar.

Hello Cold Canada - I have spent many long hours pondering Panama or Ecuador. Ecuador is more appealing in some ways, more variety to choose temperate climate locations, lower cost of living in some respects, lower financial requirement to gain entry.  BUT the procedures in Panama are more clear-cut and seemingly straightforward, and more importantly, the travel cost, flight times etc. are much better to Panama, especially for potential family visits. On top of that I have visited Panama and like what I saw, not too keen to spend another few thou (American) to explore Ecuador. Maybe better spent by keeping it in my pocket? Both countries use the expensive US Dollar and you are right, that is killing us right now. Hopefully by the time I am ready to jump that situation will have improved.

SunsetSteve wrote:

Both countries use the expensive US Dollar and you are right, that is killing us right now. Hopefully by the time I am ready to jump that situation will have improved.

This is mainly a problem for Canadians and Europeans where they have seen their EUR and CAD depreciate around 25% to the USD making their home-based pensions and savings go a lot less further than they need.  Somewhere, on this or the Ecuador forum, I read of a Canadian couple leaving because the strong USD has made living in a USD based country such as Panama or Ecuador too expensive.  With all the headwinds these countries' currencies continue to face and the USD likely to strengthen when the Feds raise rates (whenever that happens) the problems will continue or worsen (depending on one's perspective) in the foreseeable future, IMO.