Is 6500 ringgits a decent salary for a network engineer

Hi,
I am an Indian. I am a Network Engineer with 5+ years experience. I am offered a job in Malaysia and they are offering me 6000 ringgits. I tried my best to negotiate but all in vain. They say this is the best they can offer. Can I live a decent life in Cyberjaya with my wife. (No children) ?

Salary is low because hardware engineers don't earn any higher. Cyberjaya is expensive and you may have to live in say Puchong and bus in. For two people its very low. Accommodation will be RM1500-1700 for nothing special. Tax will be 25% flat deduction for first 6 months (can be equalised at end of tax year) and normal tax deductions will be around RM800 per month. Utilities/internet RM250, Groceries RM750, Transport RM500, Mobile phones RM 200-300. Unless the pay is twice what you currently earn in India its not worth it. The exchange rate is a lot lower at the moment and cost of living 30-35% higher than India. So you really need to think carefully about this.

Thanks.
I earn 60,000 INR (take home). And I am living a comfortable life here (I own a car, dine out twice a week, 1 movie in a month).
What is taxing percentage after 6months stay?

Don't know what 60,000 INR is in ringgit Malaysia. The car will be expensive here. No loans available so would need to pay cash. Road tax is based on CC RM300. Fuel is not expensive but insurance can be about RM650. Take a look a www.mudah.com.my to look at what cars cost. With a car you can find a cheaper place to live. Car parking can be up to rm10 per day but normally around RM5-7  There is a website called Numbeo where you can compare costs of say a meal. It depends where you eat what it costs.

But if the salary in Malaysia is not twice what your currently earn its not worth shifting.

Oops. Then I cant even dream of owning a car. Thanks a lot. It was a great help.

Hi Yeshwanth,

This is waquar.  Hope you are doing good.

What course of decision have you taken ? I am also a network engineer, who is exactly in your position.

(Dear friend,
This is very low salary don''t come Malaysia for thit salary, I will tell on experience