Driving Range Friday - Arizona

Gonna hack away at some little white balls this Friday at 10 AM.  Feel free to join in if you want.  Gotta call and make reservations in advance to get in.
Rates again are:
35 SR fee
10 SR bucket of little white balls aching to take a ride

hi CivEngr - not quite sure I understood the activity you are referring too? Driving or Golf (white balls) or something else?

Golf practice essentially.  Just hit the golf balls into an open field (here w/some little dear wandering around).  Supposed to make your game better so when you play on a course and keep score, you score will be lower.  Supposed to work in theory, but the way I play not in reality.  but is is a nice way to break away and have some leisure time.

id like a nice cool tent in the sands with some cool lemonade by my side to watch the Engineer bash his white balls around

Do you know what the situation is with clubs? I haven't got any yet. If it's easily sorted out I would be up for joining in.

Martin

Should we call Mrs Woods to find out?

For the range ou can rent a set, not worth it unless you are playing 9 or 18 holes.  I just bring one club and practice it.  You can rent a club for like 5 SR (usually they just let you borrow one)

Making my reservations for 10:30 AM Friday.  Blumartin, if you are still interested, I'll pick you up.  A co-worker also stays at the Al-Waha and I've been there so I know where it's at.  Just PM the info so I can get thru security to pick you up.

Lets put together a foursome or two and go play a round.  Are there any avail tee times in the morning on Fri at Arizona?   The Riyadh GC is hosting a tournament this weekend (Thu & Fri) so they are closed.

Don't know.  All I know is Blumartin and I were going to just hit some balls.  I'd be up for 18 but not sure if we can gather the forces to pull together. I'll play 18 w/ you and your hubby ifno one else.  Check on tee times.  When I was there a couple weeks ago, most players were coming in around 10-10:30 so likely times available.  The weather has cooled off so 10-ish for 18 wouldn't be too hot.  Of course you would have to put up w/ my level of play.

CAF any luck in checking on tee times.  I lost their cell number to make driving range reservations (no biggy they always have space) but will swing by after work today, and get a business card.  While I am there I can check on tee times for Friday AM and let you and your hubby know.  Maybe Blumartin will want to join in.

I need to get back on the horse, so to speak, been far to long away from the fairways, work being the culprit :D

Would not mind joining you for either a round of golf or hitting at the driving range, let me know what you decide.

Civ do we just call the golf course and make a reservation?

Wow! I go to work and then come back to a whole debate! Anyway, I have not even held a golf club for over a year so I would be a bit more comfortable on the driving range - or a smaller (par 3 holes?) course. Also, I have no clubs so if it is going to be a full round I should probably invest sooner rather than later.

Let me know...

Driving range is reservation.  Will post number this afternoon after I swing by to get more business cards.  Reservation for the gate security (reason for visiting thing).  I am up for range or 18.  I'll check on tee times this afternoon.  Should be able to post times around 4 PM.  If foursome (sorry Maserman you might get stuck w/ me) I can call.  If not, I'll still make driving range reservation for myself and blumartin at 10:30.  I'll check in continuosly during the day b4 I leave and make more driving range reservations when I go if that is the eventual route.

Civ

Hubby and I will play or hit the range with you guys on Friday.  I will PM you with details,

:o  Sorry I posted way TMI

Thanks MM2.  You saved the day!  :top:

for that, I will allow you to hit your balls further than me tomorrow on the range!  :lol::lol::lol:

There are people selling golf clubs on the Salwa compound. Text or PM me if you would like the details.

here comes a club salesman....

Of all days to sleep late, did you put my name down for the driving range?

Just call in they will have room 0564618960.  Just bring your iqama or passport.  Hope to see ya there.  CAF, hub and blumartin going.

Thanks see you there

That was nice.  We'll have to do it again.  Maybe next time hit the course instead.

Hey it was a great time!  We stayed a bit longer and had a great chat!  Def have to do that again soon...   :top:

Great morning and lunch and has been said should do again.

Maybe even Riyadh Greens if you fancy the journey?

Agreed CAF. Thanks for the golf and chat. Maybe next time I will even be able to hit some balls straight AND far. Would that count as multi-tasking?