Bored and New in Jordan!

Hey Guys, I am an Arab American just recent to Jordan. I come from California, and moved to Jordan with my family.. I am in need of making friends! I just turned 20, and would like to meet more Americans, French, Spanish people, etc... People with a western mind :)

It's really boring here when you don't have friends, or anybody to really socialize with!

Anyway, if there is anybody who is down to hang out, or meet up with any other people, let me know!

Thanks,
Essa

Welcome on board, Essa :)

Don't worry! I'm sure you will not be bored too long: the expat community seems to be quite active. Just browse the previous discussions and you'll see topics on people looking for friends and some others on meetups!

Good luck
Arlette

Thanks, Arlette!

I guess I'm just anxious, but, I will forsure take your advice!

:)

Hi Essa,

Youre not alone, was like you when I first joined EB (Expat.com). EB is very friendly, fun and helpful site.   Aside from expats experience exchange to bloggers matchless adventures you will also be able to meet and socialize with people that you desire. You will not feel anxious again.

Good luck and welcome aboard,it's fantastic to have you on board!

Haha. Thanks, Pi2nay.. I'm just looking for cool people, around my age, or a little older!

Anyway, hope you're enjoying your week!

Take Care, and thank you again!

Welcome and  have a great week too!! :)

Hey there Essa ;) I kind of doubt to be honest that you will find many people around who would offer to meet up with you on Expat-Blog. People usually make friends here through their schools/colleges/universities/jobs/through other friends, etc. It will be sort of hard for you to make friends if you have none of those to be honest. I am 15, but I doubt it would be even remotely entertaining for you with me. xD

There is this thing here in Amman called Cycling Jordan.

There are rides every Friday. In the summer, they change the trips to Madaba, because the heat would be unimaginable in the Dead Sea, as so we ride through the countryside. There seems to be Americans/Canadians, or foreigners riding almost every time, but most ride in the winter, when the weather calms down. I remember wearing a jacket in Amman, and then riding in my shorts, and t-shirt when we arrive at the Dead Sea. There are early morning rides, at about...8 O'clock, and there are noon rides as well, but I usually like to pick the morning ones. Sometimes after we get to the Hotels area in the Dead Sea, they would take us hiking through a narrow canyon, and go all the end where there is  a pretty nice waterfall, and all would sit down, and have a light snack, but they change routes every week so you have to be sure to ask about what are the plans for that week. Sometimes in the summer as well, they would take us to ride in the mountains around Dibeen, and Zay. It was beautiful, then the grass was still green.

The bikes are all pretty good, not the cheap type no. Mountain bikes, I think. Taiwanese, or Polish, I do not really remember to be honest.  You can of course bring your own if you want. The ride as a whole is about 15 JayDees per person, but if you bring your own bike it is 10, and if you ride your own car (they take us using a school bus) it is 5 I think, so you just end up paying for the food, and for the guides.

All rides are from Amman. The meeting place is at the work shop which is located here:
maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Cycling+Jordan+Amman&fb=1&gl=jo&hq=Cycling+Jordan&hnear=Amman&cid=0,0,3243430970477581702&ei=y1WcTKbsAtGT4gaps-HcDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQnwIwAA

You have got to call them in order to reserve a place. All people speak English. Their official website is:
cycling-jordan.com

They also have a Facebook group, through which they can notify you about any upcoming rides through the Events application:
facebook.com/group.php?gid=2376813356&ref=ts

I have always enjoyed their rides, and I always meet plenty of people there. :)

Hope you have a lovely stay in Jordan!

I think it is not at all hard to find friend thru EB. In my experience, it is how well you click with anyone that makes friendship a bliss relation.  Been here in EB for a while quickly found and met new friend.  It is just if both are interested in each other, you will find it easy.  I am sure one day you will find who are interested in real friendship and then make them contact to continue.

BTW, social networking is the greatest powerful form that connects people and gets new friends nowadays.

Best of luck Essa!