Information about Resignation / Final Exit

Dear Guru's,

Previous experience was good i am working in KSA since 10 months and i signed 02 years contract with my employer. Now due to my family problem i cannot able to complete my contract and i submit resignation on the Notice of one month (that is near to complete) for final exit but my employer demand for visa charges & Iqama charges etc.. Please give me suggestion for what i do now. Because now i want to go home as soon as possible. I am waiting for your suggestion please give me response ASAP. Thanks.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

Does your contract have any clause about early termination of contract?

Iqamah charges? It's possible. Espeically if they just renewed it. However, hrguru would probably confirm (or deny) that this would be different case in every employer.

Dear Mr Alpha.1

Thanks for reply there is no any term & condition about early termination in the contract.

Generally they ask for the expenses for early resign, in your case you are resigning so as per law you have to,, if noting in the contact you may file a case but you have to see the labour law as well.

EVERY contract will and should outlin terms &e conditions for early termination for either party.

rareshine wrote:

EVERY contract will and should outlin terms &e conditions for early termination for either party.

:dumbom::unsure

rareshine wrote:

Yes, but some contracts are poorly drafted. If something is missing, labor law has to be checked out. In case of early terminations, employers reserves the right to reimburse expenditures made on employee's on-boarding. Visa charges, and travel tickets mainly.

rareshine wrote:

jigga plz...welcome to Saudi Arabia

i dunno what fields these people work in-- i know alhamdulilaah within education things are pretty much sppelled out - whaaa

hamudi wrote:
rareshine wrote:

jigga plz...welcome to Saudi Arabia

rareshine wrote:

i dunno what fields these people work in-- i know alhamdulilaah within education things are pretty much sppelled out - whaaa

sunshine! it's the field where you guys prepare us to live in.                                   

With education, they know that you guys read every word in black and white.

lol. you aint never lied

hamudi wrote:
rareshine wrote:

sunshine! it's the field where you guys prepare us to live in.                                   

With education, they know that you guys read every word in black and white.