Birth Certificate Required from Bengaluru

Hello folks,

I would like to obtain my late father's original birth certificate from bengaluru and get it attested.  He was born in 1945, in the Cantonment area.
Can you advise how to go about this. Which office should I contact,  what documents (if any) will i need to make  a request, can this be done online or in person and is there a timescale? Can I get it on the same day?

I live abroad and will be travelling to mumbai soon. I have never been to Bengaluru & don't have any relatives there.  So I'm pretty much clueless about this.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hey,
Birth and death certificates are issued by bbmp u can search their website..http://bbmp.gov.in/forms.

Try it out

HI ya,

Thanks for the info.

However when I ring the number they answer and hang up because I can't speak the local language and they won't speak in English, It is very frusterating.

I rang to check the formalities and documents required to request information.

Any suggestions?

Hey,
I can check and let u know.
Please msg me

Sorry I'm new to this, how do I PM you?

Thnx

U may have add me as friend

Jgjohn, I can't PM you, what's happened?

Ms Resonance wrote:

Jgjohn, I can't PM you, what's happened?

He has been banned so that is why you cannot send PM.

Sorry I don't understand what happened? He was helping me out re info to obtain birth certificate n BBMP.

What has transpired, I'm n the dark here, 1 minute am communicating with him and neXT minute he's gone. He's been a member for sometime going  by his profile.

Please elucidate, I need help wt the bbmp

Hi Stumpy,

Can you elucidate what happened please, is this how your forum functions...I was relying on help from jgjohn, no one else replied to my post.