Driving in Mozambique

Hi,

What do you think of the way people drive in Mozambique? How different is it from your home country?

Respecting the road safety rules, driving etiquette such as general courtesy, speed excess… what are the characteristics of the driving style in Mozambique?

Share with us the difficulties one may face when driving in Mozambique: peak hours, road conditions, accident, etc. and your advice to drive safely in the country.

Thank you in advance for participating,

Maximilien

Good morning, driving out in Moz sets our life insurance 10 x more. These people drive worst than those from JHB, esp the taxi's.It seems they did not go for driving lessons, or bought their license or rather don't just give a damn about their countries laws pertaining to traffic rules.( wonder if they even have any) they even drive like this in SA. So therefore to me it seems that, they don't adhere to traffic law, but I notice they do get watched by SA traffic officers and police just the same way we get stopped in Mozambique.Overall pathetic driving. Maybe should look at making the rules of the road more strict as the 60 zone speed don't matter at times they still speed. Thanks

I just wonder if the guys know the colors of the robot and the stop signs. They drive and honk their horns so much that you would think they were sitting on it

The road users here have no respect for others and I am sure they are all color blind at traffic lights.