Tour Group in Riyadh

Hi, a few of you have been asking about who arranges tours in Riyadh and Middle East.  The lady I have been using and who is highly recommended (especially for women groups taking day trips, but also for family/singles/couples weekends etc) is as follows:

If you contact Haya Tours - please let Salwa know I (Maxine Smith) gave the referral (thanks).

Welcome to HAYA TOUR
We are a specialized tour operator based in Riyadh and offer cultural excursions to the landmarks, archaeological sites and other places of interest in Saudi Arabia.
Our next tour is to AlQassim on 21/22 October and is open to families
For trip details email Salwa at [email protected] or call 0504 166323
Some of our other tours:
Riyadh City Tour: Almasmak Fort, Aldeerah, shopping tour in the local souqs, Aldiriyah, etc
One day tour: Historical village of Shagraa, Algah, etct
Overnight tour: Madain Saleh, Taif, Al Qasim, Najran, etc
We can also organize private or group tours tailored to your interests, needs and budget.
If you would like to be notified of future excursions, please send us an SMS or email.
Website : HAYATOUR.com Mobile: 0504166323 Email: [email protected]

Thanks a ton, Max, I just contacted them after eeing your post for a possible tour of Madain Saleh during the Eid Holidays and the response has been very prompt and positive.

thanks max. very helpful info...

@mm - - can you share to us about the tour package for madain Saleh? Hopefully we can join also on this trip during the coming Eid. thanks :):):)

Yep, will do as soon as I get the rates from Ms Salwa who has promised to send me the financial details by email today.

I have requested for three days (Nov 15-18) accommodation and tour in Madain Salih for eleven of us. We have planned to drive from Riyadh since flights are difficult to Madinah on account of Hajj.

A million thanks, Max! :)

This is exactly what we've been searching for with other newcomers.

Great Info. maybe you should add this to the guide section. that would be great!!

Salman

@all, your welcome.
@Salman - good idea, I have posted it onto Guide > Leisure - as soon as the moderators have viewed and checked it will be up.

Important Note:
If any of you are considering a tour and need more numbers to make up the group (this also reduces the price), please post something up on the site so that others may also benefit.

Enjoy your travels and travel safe

Yep, she sis say that we could get a good discount if we have 20+. Once I have the rates for Madain Saleh I will post them here and see if we could muster up more folks to join in

me in for madain saleh...

Can someone acomodate me as well if there is space in any tour of you guys.

Anil

Max - Great Info.   Thanks!

any update on the plans for madain saleh?

Received an email from Salwa of Haya Tour this morning where she has stated that she will get back to me this week with the rates and options available.

She recommends wed drive since flights are difficult to confirm on account of the Hajj season.

Our Plan B on the cards is Jubail. Al Sharq Hotel in Jubail town costs SAR 350 per day for a two bedroom suite that can easily take a family of 5/6. Fits my family well.

Plan C: AlKhobar - Talking to Golden Tulip/Ramada for best room rates and awaiting their feedback by email. While there are plenty of other smaller and cheaper places to stay in Khobar, close to Rashid Mall, as stated in one of the posts before the fact that its the holiday season could make it tough to walk in and obtain accommodation. Hence the need to make reservations from here before embarking on the road.

Will post the details as and when I receive them.

If more families/singles are willing to join we could all book together, availing the group discounts available, and travel in a convoy which could be fun.

We are interested in anything in Saudi before the 11 Nov and after the 30th Nov.

Beezer and I are trying to check some place out in khobar for the upcoming vacation.. Some people say that it is as expensive as traveling somewhere else.. Any suggestions on where to go/travel around here that is fun yet not too tiring in terms of traveling hours?
Im only asking because we are not really into group tours or family-group tours. No offense but we try to stay away from kids-crowded places.

So anything good with these qualifications :)?

Nina_01 wrote:

No offense but we try to stay away from kids-crowded places.

No offense taken.  In fact, I try to stay away  from adult-crowded places, too!  I'd rather chance bad weather in the 'off season' than deal with crowds anytime I travel.

Alliecat wrote:
Nina_01 wrote:

No offense taken.  In fact, I try to stay away  from adult-crowded places, too!  I'd rather chance bad weather in the 'off season' than deal with crowds anytime I travel.

HEHEHEHE:lol::lol::lol: No offense I prefer anything which comes with nice bunch of friends in low budget :P

nonz wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Nina_01 wrote:

HEHEHEHE:lol::lol::lol: No offense I prefer anything which comes with nice bunch of friends in low budget :P

No offense but I agree with nonzie!!  :heart:

I don't mind kids, but cannot abide the screaming and loud ones - so I guess that rules most out (except yours Zara777, they are extremely well behaved and great kids) I can't comment on any one else' kids as I have not met them!  Also agree with less of the crowds and tend to go off beat for that reason.  So, if anyone knows of anywhere that fits this criteria:

Culturally and historically interesting
Spectacular views and scenery
Inexpensive
Reasonable travel distance but still within the Kingdom
Free of tourist crowds
Free of kids free
Before 11 Nov or after 30 Nov

Then we're in!!  :)

I have sent a specification to Haya Tours to see what they can come up with for a future trip.  But am also in touch with some groups that often take trips out to spectacular places, off the beaten track.  Mostly camp outs but in good size groups (for safety) but away from the crowds. 

Will let you know the outcome and if there is something interesting, would be great to get a group together.  I am guessing we would prefer to travel in our vehicles and go in convoy?  For those with no transport, you can take lifts with the rest of us (definately with us, the others can speak up for themselves).

It would be a great opportunity for a group outing to the Eastern province with each family joining in with their vehicles. Singles would also be welcome to ride. Whats required is to try and arrange suitable accommodation that is comfy and affordable for all, either at the same facility or even in close proximity.

Golden Tulip have jacked up their room rates for Eid to SR 1,200 per day for a two bedroomed suite with kitchen, dining and 2 toilets. They have offered me a special package where they will include six free b'fast and waive the 15% service charge too.

I am awaiting the rates from Ramada Residences and will post it as soon as I receive it. They also offer 2 bedroom duplex suites that can cater to 5/6 people.

Other options in Khobar are the many guest houses located around Rashid Mall which may also be heavily booked during this period.

There is a new Ramada Gulf Hotel in Khobar, not too far from Alrashid mall. Its about a 15 mins walk to the Alkhobar corniche.

As the hotel is new, they do have some special offers.

Was there on Thursday and they actually offered better rate after some haggling.

May be worth asking them for a quote.

Sign me up goUK! :D

I need a ride now a days :/

Salman Omrani wrote:

Sign me up goUK! :D

I need a ride now a days :/

Count me in, too! :)

I want to but i cannot i hate project work and weekend work...

Anil

But I will be out of the Kingdom November 14-26th.

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

I don't mind kids, but cannot abide the screaming and loud ones - so I guess that rules most out (except yours Zara777, they are extremely well behaved and great kids) I can't comment on any one else' kids as I have not met them!

They take after their mum ;)
We would love to come on the trip but are away with our less-than-noisy kids in Bahrain :)

If anyone can suggest places to see and things to do in bahrain we would love to hear it!

Likely heading to Bahrain myself.  However probably for only a day or 2.  Expecting to have to work the rest of the time.  Up to the Contractor.  Heard the beaches are real nice there.

CivEngr wrote:

Likely heading to Bahrain myself.  However probably for only a day or 2.  Expecting to have to work the rest of the time.  Up to the Contractor.  Heard the beaches are real nice there.

Beaches sound good, I am looking forward to an abaya-free few days :lol:

My co-worker said water is super warm and super clear.

CivEngr wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth, the public beaches are pretty dire here but the ones attached to the clubs are nice. Recently did a day trip to Al Dar Island, 10 minute boat trip from Sitra - bar on the beach, clear water but a small swimming area, resident donkey. The Marina club has an ok beach and a couple of swimming pools. The Ritz Carlton has a gorgeous beach but I think it's about 25 dinar to get on it.

zara777 wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

I don't mind kids, but cannot abide the screaming and loud ones - so I guess that rules most out (except yours Zara777, they are extremely well behaved and great kids) I can't comment on any one else' kids as I have not met them!

They take after their mum ;)
We would love to come on the trip but are away with our less-than-noisy kids in Bahrain :)

If anyone can suggest places to see and things to do in bahrain we would love to hear it!

The nearest bar - let the kids play amoungst themselves :lol:

Well we can't do anything during 11 - 30 Nov but if something interesting comes through during that period I will post it up then it will be up to those left to organise.  CAF are you around or away?  Could be a good opportunity for a break from your EXBF event organising??? :)  Anyway, point being someone will have to grab the reins on this one.

Salwas response to the Madain Saleh Tour:-

Dear Fazli

Sorry to answer your request late, regarding to Madain Saleh Tour for two nights for 10 person.

By airplane  tour  route:
Riyadh – Madina  - Riyadh by  Saudi Arabian Airlines
ALMadina - Khaybar - Al-Ula  by  bus
Date  :  15,16,17 November  2010
Trip Cost :  SR 2200

The cost includes: airplane ticket, transportation, tour guide,  accommodation with  breakfasts ,lunches and dinner.

By your vehicle tour rout:
Riyadh – Alqassim    350KM
Alqassim  - Madina   350 KM   
Madina   - Al-Ula    250 KM   

If  you like to sleep one night in Madina  when you arrive at 15November then , early morning of 16 November drive to Al-Ula  and spend one night there

Trip Cost :  SR 1350

The cost includes: tour guide,  accommodation with  breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Information needed for registration : Name, nationality  to get approval visit  to Madain Saleh Tombs .

If you are happy with the offer please send me the group list to confirm  your reservation.

Kind regards
Salwa

Damn, I wish we were here for this but as you know, we will be away during this time. 

I hope the group will have sufficient interest in this, should be a great trip to be making and especially so with friends!

So its gonna work? Who else is going>???:rolleyes:

musicman wrote:

Salwas response to the Madain Saleh Tour:-

Dear Fazli

Sorry to answer your request late, regarding to Madain Saleh Tour for two nights for 10 person.

By airplane  tour  route:
Riyadh – Madina  - Riyadh by  Saudi Arabian Airlines
ALMadina - Khaybar - Al-Ula  by  bus
Date  :  15,16,17 November  2010
Trip Cost :  SR 2200

The cost includes: airplane ticket, transportation, tour guide,  accommodation with  breakfasts ,lunches and dinner.

By your vehicle tour rout:
Riyadh – Alqassim    350KM
Alqassim  - Madina   350 KM   
Madina   - Al-Ula    250 KM   

If  you like to sleep one night in Madina  when you arrive at 15November then , early morning of 16 November drive to Al-Ula  and spend one night there

Trip Cost :  SR 1350

The cost includes: tour guide,  accommodation with  breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Information needed for registration : Name, nationality  to get approval visit  to Madain Saleh Tombs .

If you are happy with the offer please send me the group list to confirm  your reservation.

Kind regards
Salwa

MM - just two questions for those interested to bear in mind (we are away from 11 Nov to 25 Nov so am going to miss out)

1) Would Madina not be extremely busy due to Hajj? or does the day correspond with Eid and hence it will be very quiet?

2) Would not some of our non-muslim colleagues be prohibited to enter Madina?

U r right,Madinah would be terribly crowded these days and Non Muslims are allowed in Madina...They r restricted in Haram only

nonz wrote:

U r right,Madinah would be terribly crowded these days and Non Muslims are allowed in Madina...They r restricted in Haram only

I've been told there's a little 'town' outside the city where non-Muslims must stay.

The Madinah Airport is outside the Holy Precincts where all are allowed. The Highway to Al Ula going on to Madain Saleh, that passes through Madinah goes around the restricted area. Yes, Madinah will be crowded only for flights on account of Hajj and pilgrims passing through. The highways will be fine, especially travelling North. Madinah is a huge city and its only the Propehts Mosque and its surrounding area that is restricted to Non Muslims no different from Makkah.