Looking for a motorbike - How to get a Honda Win ?

Hi there !

I just arrived and I'm looking for a motorbike. After reading blogs and articles here, I feel that I'd enjoy my stay in Cambodia better if I had a motorbike.
Amongst all those I could read about, I really liked the Honda Win. Hence, I entered in a hunt to track down and get this wheeled holy grail !

Still, I'm not really sure how this should be done ...
I've read that going to a proper shop was a good way to get a motorbike, 'cause it is fully serviced before they sell it.
Many expats, though, told me I'd be better off getting one from a traveling expat leaving the region. Thus, I started to look for such a bike here, on the "Classifeds" section. But my messages got blocked :'(. Reason : I'm sending copied/pasted messages (yup, didn't have much inspiration to write somthing completely different when, in the end, I was asking for the same thing ^^).

Hence my question to y'all guys :
Should I keep on trying to get in touch with leaving expats or would it be safer (safety is the major issue for me) to go to a shop in Phnom Penh ?
And, if you think getting my Honda from an expat who took good care of it is not necessarily unsafe, how can I get my messages to work again here ?

Cheers !

Hi,

I will try to find a Honda win for you and ask how you can travel around with it

Hi , I just got info from a friend that Honda win is from Vietnam and not sold here in Cambodia. Although, I can see some selling. Maybe you need to visit motorshop

Hi Chococambo !

Thanks a ot for your time and attention. That's so sweet of you to have asked for me ! :-)
I'll go and see motoshops in the weekend.

Thanks for the advice and see you 'round.

Michaël

If you're on Facebook search for a page called "Phnom Penh buy and sell". It's a page where expats and locals sell their stuff when they leave. Motos posted almost every day. That's how I got mine. 😊

You can also look through the motorbikes for sale in the classified section at the top of this page.

Hi everyone !

I just got a Honda Win from the Classifieds section.
Thank-you all for your kind advices and for your time ! :)

Topic closed, as far as I'm concerned.

Hi all,

As the author requested - we are closing this thread here :)

Thank you

Maximilien

[ Topic Closed ]

Closed