Hamad Medical Corp. (HMC) - Doha, Qatar

After a very lengthy process, finally looks like I will be heading to Doha to work for HMC in a few weeks. I am very excited to be going over for various reasons. I have newly discovered this website which I could have used a while ago when I had more questions.

I am still vague around a few things if anyone can help answer. These are not deal breakers, but need to try and know for peace of mind and clarity:

-I am told that within 3 months ball will start rolling to process documentation around bringing my wife over. Realistically how long will it take for me to take her over?
-Has anyone taken their partners over of there own accord (holiday visa) and how did you house them as initially I will be housed in single sex accomodation.
-Exactly how long will I be in temp accomodation before I am offered more perm accomodation?
-I will be grade 112. What kind of accomodation can I expect and what are the chances of getting accomodation of more than 1 bedroom; especally as my wife is pregnant.
-as can a grade 112, what can i expect that i may not be aware of?
-Is it worth taking my Bicyle over for evening leisure (not for commuting)?
-Anyone who left the UK complete their P85 tax form before they left for Qatar and or after?

As the day of my departure from the UK looms nearer, trying to think of all the do's and dont's and get the answers to all the questions. I have answers or sometimes vague answers to most the above questions - however, 2nd answers from actual expats would provide that extra peace of mind. Advice around how i can quickly take my wife over before she is too pregnant to fly and accomodation is most important.

Thanks for your responces in advance.

Please refer to the discussed topic: Hamad Medical Hospital qatar

HI H13RAX

I am like you still in the UK but I want to ask the same question about family visa. I have 2 children and there is no way I am going without them. I was hoping to take them on tourist visa and then face the music in Qatar!
My real worry is that they will not be accepted in schools until their residence permit is done so I am not looking forward to the move.
It will be useful to hear from someone who has been through a similar experience.

Suggestion @ SunnyDoha

Please call the Qatar embassy in London and inquire them about the same.   
Embassy opening hours:
09.30 AM - 16.00 PM Monday to Friday
Consulate opening hours:
(for visas and legalization)
10.00 AM - 1.00 PM Monday to Friday
phone calls from 2.00 PM - 4.00 PM Monday-Friday.

Telephone: 020 7493 2200
Fax:          020 7493 2819

Address:
1 South Audley St
London
W1K 1NB

SunnyDoha wrote:

HI H13RAX

I am like you still in the UK but I want to ask the same question about family visa. I have 2 children and there is no way I am going without them. I was hoping to take them on tourist visa and then face the music in Qatar!
My real worry is that they will not be accepted in schools until their residence permit is done so I am not looking forward to the move.
It will be useful to hear from someone who has been through a similar experience.