Hunting in Romania

Hi, I'm looking for a contact for a guide that could take one one a hunting / trekking trip through Romania for between 5 to 10 days.

I'm not a prolific hunter or trapper, but served in the military and have camped in the wild before. Still, the guide should be accommodating to newcomers and teach the basics on hunting, trapping, following tracks, building a camp etc. Kind of Survival & Hunting 101. I'm not interested in trophy hunting, just learning the ropes of it. Basic English or German (I'm bilingual) would be required.

If anybody has some contacts, a phone number or similar, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You'd probably have to contact the hunting association of the area you're interested in. Their general site is:

http://agvps.ro/despre/vanatoare-in-romania/

The page linked to has some info in English, but for most of it you'll have to translate. Under 'contacte' you can find regional affiliates. They might be able to help you find a local guide with the language skills you need as well as advising you on what permits you need.

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Thank you.

I'am busy with Getting my hunting license. It is not easy.

First you have to be a resident for minimal one year. Then you can become a member of the a.g.v.p.s.
You need to be one year a member and in the end pass an exam before you get the license.
The moment you have the license you can buy your own rifle etc.

I start next year because I never register in Romania. And just did this in June.

So if there are more people in the OLT area that wants to join me let me know.