Recommendation for a decent hotel in Hanoi

Planning on staying in Hanoi for a few days while I check out the city. I don't really care much for anything fancy. Which hotel would you recommend? Preferably a low budge one under $40 a night. Thanks.

Hi,

We stayed at the Hanoi Old Centre Hotel for a week, a few weeks ago. We found it to be cheap, clean, very central and Hannah & Mai looked after us exceptionally well.

The daily included breakfast was excellent and the girls can arrange tours etc for you.

If you do go there, please give my regards to Hannah and Mai.

For around $40 bucks my mate was staying at Essence hotel@22 Ta Hien st which is rite next to bia hoi corner in the old quater. Very nice place, he didnt have breaky included but its better to go out and eat at street stalls anyway.
Also they have low budget rooms right next door @$20/nite.

The Hanoi Merci Hotel on Ly Thai To Street was my base station twice while in Hanoi. It was very conveniently located within walking distance to Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter in one direction; and the Hanoi Opera House, The Metropole, museums and retail in the other direction. The rate was well within the budget you desire. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Don't worry, WIth under 40$, you can live alot of hotel in Ha Noi, You can check
http://www.booking.com/region/vn/ha-noi … Aj0B8P8HAQ

Don't worry, WIth under 40$, you can live alot of hotel in Ha Noi,

Hi everyone! I've lived and taught in VN for 5 years but today is my 1st day in Ha Noi. Anyone care to show me around and hangout? Thanks :)

I suggest hotel Hoan Kiem at Hanh Trong street, one block from the Hoan Kiem lake; price $15-20, double bed, very clean, breakfast May be included.I stayed at this hotel for 1 month. The hotel have people who can speak English.

If you want to stay at "Pho Co with 36 Street", i think hanoi street hotel it good for you. The price of hotel if 25 -30$, it near Ho Guom Lake. It's more comfortable and convenient.