Children

cheaper to raise an infant in the US or sp?

Expat moms here can probably give you a more accurate answer.  I haven't done this but from the price of all the baby items I find here, my gut feel is that it is more expensive here in Brazil. I was price shocked (as in other items) in how much baby clothes cost.  Car seat and stroller have outrageous price (top quality brand/model).

I'd probably agree with this, although when you factor in medical costs, it might change things up, depending on insurance and if you are able to get the free medical care in SP or not. but, simply based on cost of baby care items, yes, cheaper in the US and better quality for the most part.

Now, baby friendly lifestyle...I'd vote SP on that one.

(Moderated: Offensive statement).and i think mcfly was right...the products are outrageously priced.....but of course the health care relative to ny is less..but then again u get what u pay for unfortunately in that context....a frikkin playstaytion 3 is three times the cost of one in the US... htey were charging me more than the cost of a brand new ps3 just to ship my own ps3 from there to here......wtf?!
this whole life thing is not what i saw in the brochures...hehe

uscs - as for health care "get what you pay for" - we've been pleased with the health care so far in SP. We've been here 3 yrs, have 3 children, etc. We have found quality health care, and I'm sure you can as well.

Look into shipping things; if you are moving here you are allowed to move household goods (one time only, I think) w/o paying duty on them, when you come into the country. If you are already here and decided later to bring things over, that is different.

The best thing to do is adjust your outlook. No, things here aren't the same as in the US. No, the quality is not the same/the prices are not as good. Learn what you can do without, what you can use instead, what you can bring in your luggage. We didn't bring our microwave, figuring we'd buy one here. Priced them and decided no way. Three years in, and we haven't missed it at all.

It's all about adapting. You'll be much happier once you do.