Job Opportunities in Accra

Hi all,

My name is Jonathan Robertson. I am a 25 year old male from Melbourne, Australia. I am planning to move to Accra toward the end of this year with my partner (a Mexican national) as she has recently received a position through the Mexican government.

I have a strong sport marketing, market research and CSR background and am looking at entering a legitimate social development or marketing company in Accra.

I have done some background research however have come up empty on a couple of attempts to find a job opportunity in Accra.

Could anyone offer me some advice about job opportunities, locations, contacts etc in Accra?

Happy to skype with any interested parties to find out more about the area and people of Accra and really looking forward to coming to this great country.

I am contactable via email on [email protected] and would really value any advice the Ghanian expat community could offer.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Robertson
[email protected]

Welcome to Expat-blog,Jonathan85 :)

Hope that members soon reply back to you and give you information about job opportunities in Accra.

All the best.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thanks for your response Sheetul. I am just trying to find out some information about the kind of job opportunities that are available in Ghana and any advice your members might have...

For example, is it better to apply for positions from here in Australia or go to Accra first and then look for positions?

If I do that how will that affect my visa status (I am an Australian citizen)?

What kind of wage/conditions of employment are common/ required for a work visa? (e.g. full time vs. casual etc)

Are there things specifically that I should look for/avoid in job discussions that I may not have considered?

Is it best to go through job listings like joblistghana.com and ghanaweb.com or contact companies directly?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, especially from people who have done this previously as this will be my first time being an expat in Africa.

It would be great if any members could provide some advice in these areas or share their experiences about the logistics of coming to Ghana.

Regards,

Jonathan

welcome Jonathan, hope you are well? what professional are you in? Alot mining companies such as Goldfields, sandvik and  I  know Guiness have position check out ghanaweb.com or wazobiajob.com http://unjobs.org/duty_stations/ghana

I had my job from UK before I came to Ghana, i would advice you apply in your home country, you get a better package. Once your  in Ghana it can be diffcult. Can you not get your girlfriend employer to help with a job? 

if  your Australian citizen, try Billibong  they just opened  a  branch in accra or check your high commision

hi nims
hey do u say is that good r bad to come to Ghana for job

the employment opportunities in Australia are better than Ghana, pls no doubt about it.

a small note:

normally (in case of ngos or foundations etc). the partner of the person who is being sent to ghana officially doesn't get a work permit granted.

if they catch you working without a work permit, there will be trouble (have seen enough examples here).

bear that in mind and act accordingly.