Expat Meetup - Friday the 15th

A few of us will be meeting up tomorrow in Zamalek at "Coffee Bean Tea Leaf".

For time and directions, please drop me a private message.

Note: the forum's name is "Expat.com". Hopefully those who show up will be expats in one way or another.

OK, just got back home. There was 4 of us. We had a nice time and an engaging talk!

Till next time...

Had a gr8 time :D

Thank you Ys, Ummi & whimvsreason for a splendid evening :)

See you next time guys :)

I was there at that coffee shop at 7 30 pm! Not a meeting was! Even I asked the staff there, and they didn t know anything!

It's a shame I missed it. I would have really liked to have been there. I'm looking forward to the next social mixer, perhaps then I'll be in town to join.

valibilic wrote:

I was there at that coffee shop at 7 30 pm! Not a meeting was! Even I asked the staff there, and they didn t know anything!

I think I noticed you. You were there with a gentleman. We smiled at you but weren't sure if you were with us because you looked a bit different. One of the guys even shouted out EXPATS! but you guys didn't answer. We still weren't sure, so I followed you outside but I couldn't find you.

Sorry about that. If you would've sent me a message beforehand, I would have expected you. We could have at least exchanged numbers.

aye, sorry we missed you. Had a great time though, thanks guys!

YS wrote:
valibilic wrote:

I think I noticed you. You were there with a gentleman. We smiled at you but weren't sure if you were with us because you looked a bit different. One of the guys even shouted out EXPATS! but you guys didn't answer. We still weren't sure, so I followed you outside but I couldn't find you.

Sorry about that. If you would've sent me a message beforehand, I would have expected you. We could have at least exchanged numbers.

Yes, you re right! I brought with me another one Romanian, that s here just for 2 weeks only, and I consider as a new comer, he is more interested than me to find connections in Cairo, he is around your age, not old like me.
So I didn t tell lies, I was! By the way, being blond it is difficult to mix me with another person, no matter that I look in another style!
It was nice to come to us and to ask if we are expats, but it is seen from our appearance we are not Egyptians!
Why you didn t let a message to bar staff for expats that would join the meeting?

Do something in Maadi, so i don't have to drive. ;)

Hey!
Sorry I couldn't make it! When is the next? By the way does anyone knows how to find a flatshare in Zamalek or downtown?

what abt a meeting this friday 22 nd?

Early dinner at Charwood's in Mohandessin on Thursday the 21st.
Check out this thread for more details:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 652#201627

Come to hurghada, we have some great restaurants! :p

hi all, any news when the next gathering will be ? cheers, !

hey is there is any next coming meeting