HELP for applying for a Mauritian Identity Card !

Hello,
Born in Switzerland , just turned 18 four months ago, is currently in Mauritius for holidays, has a Mauritian passport.

what documents do i need to produce?
Birth certificate is swiss!!

ashmotif200 wrote:

Hello,
Born in Switzerland , just turned 18 four months ago, is currently in Mauritius for holidays, has a Mauritian passport.

what documents do i need to produce?
Birth certificate is swiss!!

How did you manage to get a Mauritian passport without your Mauritian NID card?
Did your mother or father apply for you before your 18th birthday?

IIRC you have to apply for your id card within 3months after reaching your  18 birthday . Thus expect some delays . One of your Mauritian parents has to prove that he or she is Mauritian before you can apply . So in addition of their Mauritian birth certificate, you will need to produce their Identity card .

I am assuming that they did declare you at the Mauritian Embassy after your birth in Switzerland, if not then it will add more delays since it is the PMO who will grant your citizenship by descent.

I was born in Mauritius in 1960 to Mauritian parents. I left for the UK in 1967. I have my Mauritian birth certificate (landscape style) and my expired british Mauritian passport use to travel from Mauritius to England in 1967.
I now wish to obtain a Mauritian passport. What is the process that I need to follow?
thanks
Abbie

I have sent you a private message how to apply for your NIC and passport.

thank you