Personal effects

Hi
I am relocating to Mauritius and am bringing  used personal effects ( fridge, tumble dryer, etc)
Am I allowed to do so - are there any restrictions.  Also where could I find info on what is permitted into the country.
Thanks

Dear Barbara

Yes, You can bring your whole household BUT you have to declare everything and you will have to get a good      "courtier maritime" to process everything when it arrives over here. There are some fees to be paid. If you have NOT shipped everything yet, I would advise you to get in touch with REZA BADAL, Access Logistic and he will give you a good rate and he has his own personnel to sort out everything for you in Mauritius.His number is (Company) 02085390707 and his mobile is 07931314860.  I have done business with them many many times. It is a family business.  I will private message you with my skype account if you wish to speak to me personally.

Regards
Vedan

Hello Vedan,
Thank you for you reply.  Fortunately my shippers have their own contacts in Mauritius.

That's great then!!

Take Care

Vedan

www.mra.mu

Hi Barbara,

I made the big mistake of not bringing much with us when we moved here 4 years ago and then contacted the MRA a year later with regard to any costs of bringing personal items over.

I was told that if I bring personal goods over within the first 6 months of arriving here there will be nothing to pay on the items but as it was over 6 months then I would have to pay, I then just shipped 5 smallish boxes and I was charged.

I am expecting 5 more boxes in September, so will see how much I am charged then ;)

I checked out the following http://www.mra.mu/index.php/import-export-others/import before I shipped out to here, on the left is a list of relevant information plus a list of what is allowed and what is not.

Good luck :)

The MRA require a manifest of the items you import personally and they expect you to keep them for 4 years without selling or giving them away or you could be liable for duty to be paid. No duty is payable in the first instance on most if not all of your personal items, but be careful if bringing in 'new' items from the UK.  Just get them re-packed by the shipping company with there own paper etc. and not keep them in the boxes you have got with the item when new.

Thank you very much forallyour advise and info .

Hi Vedan.  I am looking to get in contact with Access Logistics.  Cannot seem to locate an email address or website. Can you perhaps help?
Cheers
Andrew

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct