I am from Army.
I like to cook.
I play almost everything . Tablet tennis,tennis,golf,swim,cricket,basketball,
Squash.....every game.
Love to travel.
Like Thailand. Wish to live there.
Like driving
Regards

If you like driving, you are sure going to like driving in this country.

Hope you not joking. Driving in big cities is no more fun. With vehicular population of nearly 9 millions,Delhi is pain to drive. Bangkok can't be much better.
VKK

I was kidding. It's insane to drive in Thailand, no one obeys or in forces the laws & if you kill someone, you can just walk away. This country is not a civilised country. Good Luck to you.

Hi, I
I live in Delhi. Interesting thing about this place is the about the 15 million++people here. Then there are huge number of politicians,bureaucrats,rich business class and rich rusty class of vote bank. They all think they are law in to them self. To top it all ,is the police force.
But when I visit Thailand,I find it is the mini version of India except much less crowd, noise and lawlessness. Therefore it gets much easier to adjust unlike you who is probably used to living in better environment.

thailand4me wrote:

I was kidding. It's insane to drive in Thailand, no one obeys or in forces the laws & if you kill someone, you can just walk away. This country is not a civilised country. Good Luck to you.

I would like to know how many countries are civilize? Which cities where people obey the laws? Which city that people carry guns and kill people in schools or church or cinema? Which city has schools that are not racist towards kids who are born from blank & white parent or a white & Asian parent? Which city has no discrimination on asians or blacks when they apply for job or while they work? I only have this to say, there is no perfect city or law or system or people. Either one adapt to it or find another place. Perhaps be a gypsy or vagabond.

Sometimes we are interested in the worse case,especially some bad news,
Generally if you kill someone or something like that.
surely you must be a prisoner and move directly into jail.

Driving is a little rough here (Bangkok), not really one of the positive aspects, but probably not as bad as in India. 

That part about it not being civilized seems a little over the top; there are pros and cons to different cultures and societies.  Getting killed on the highway is a real thing, of course, really a higher risk here than lots of places, as shown by deaths per 100,000 people per year statistics (oddly twice as dangerous as India statistically):

Thailand 38.1
United States 11.6
United Kingdom 3.5
Philippines 9.1
India 19.5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c … death_rate

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board suke  :)

Please note that a new thread has been created on the Thailand forum from several of your posts.

You will be more likely to share your views on this thread.

Cheers, ;)
Bhavna

I have been driving over 2 years in Chiang Mai to go shopping, market, school, kid activity, week end out, etc,... I avoid as I can to drive at night except days when kid finish activity around 7-8 pm.

I will never drive motorbike here simply because I never drive any in Europe and Thailand is not the country to learn to drive motorbike, I think it is better to have many years experience.

I never had any accident, need to be careful

The things I found dangerous here are the U Turn instead of roundabout, when a truck with trailer want to turn it block the 2 ways.

Others points is about car specification in Thailand which  have less constraints than in Europe regarding safety, many car will not have ABS ( anti lock braking system ) for that you can often see 5 to 7 cars bump into each others, many cars also will not have disc brake system on the 4 wheels but just on the front wheels and drum brake system on rear wheels, others important things are the steering wheel : old car or low grade will just have a mechanical system and not a EPAS ( Electric Power Assisted Steering ) and the last things are the suspension system

Latest point is in Thailand there are a lot of pick up classified more as truck, and in Europe the perform very poorly regarding crash test Euro NCAP.

After I will not enter into detail like how many people on a motorbike, how a pick up is overloaded, seat belt, helmet, etc...