Medical insurance for one year student and his family

Is the public scheme applicable for student staying for one year with his family? If not how much the private scheme would cost the family ( husband + wife + 2 children ) and what is the coverage would include?

Hi gehad hassn,

I will invite you to please get in touch with our partner for a free quote here ---->  Expatriate health insurance Germany :)

Thank you

Maximilien

As far as I know (but you would have to consult an expert to know for sure, as the rules are quite complicated) you can join the public scheme as a foreign student. But your family can't.
The cost of the public insurance is €70/month for a student (subsidized rate), between €80 and €350/month(depening on income) for a working adult and double that for a non-working or self-employed one (where the employer does not pay half the premium). Dependent children are covered free of charge.
The cost of the private scheme depends on your age, health and pre-existing conditions. It is cheaper that the public scheme only if you're young and healthy. Children are not covered free of charge.

I think I worded my message above incorrectly, sorry;
As far as I know, you can join the public scheme as a foreign student at the subsidized rate, but you cannot cover your dependents (wife and children) free of charge. They'd have to pay their own premium as listed above,