New in Bogota with a baby

Hi!  I just moved to Bogota with my husband and little baby. i am in the Chico area which is supposed to be a safe area and also popular among expats but i rarely see foreign mums in the streets and parks around. This makes me wonder if this place is as safe as i have been advised so far.
I have only been here a few days but i am starting to feel a little sad in view of the apparent lack of options for expat mums and babies (in comparision to other countries i have lived in). I hope I am truly wrong with these impressions so any advice by other mums will be so much appreciated...

you are in safe area. we are also expat and living in chico with baby.
Absolutely there is no issue.
let me know if you need some help

Chico is probably the best place for apartment living in Bogota. You probably haven't seen many expat mums because there aren't so many. Bogota is not a huge expat spot.

What an adventure, new city, new baby,,, Wow....

Enjoy your blessing with open eyes,  I am sure you are fine,,, and maybe you ll find the friend your looking for.

I will be visiting Bogota from Aug 7 till Aug 28.  Let me know how you are making out Mum.

A Friend from Hershey, PA

Randy Smith

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

Hello and welcome!!!
Im from bogota. We live in the chico area. I have a 21 month baby girl.
This is the best area to live. Dont
Worry.
Also you don't see much moms arround because the work and babys are with nannys....
We are looking for a playgrup if you are up to it.
Let me know!
Angela.

Hey, I sometimes see expat mums with their kids in Parque Virrey at the playground. Also at the park next to Museo del Chicó. I hope you've settled in a bit now! I know how lonely it can feel in Bogotá in the beginning xx

virrey park, park 93. I advise you Hacienda Santa barbara. There is an open market on sundays, shopping mall with great place for kids "Chiky Place", little park with church next to it.

I'm sorry to hear that! I think chico it's a good neighborhood.
I have a baby too now he has 1 years old and we go to Gymboree two times a week is a good place for moms and kids they have stimulation and you can find new friends than also speak in english
www.gymboree.com.co
I hope that helps you!