Presence of Portuguese Consulate / Representatives in Bahrain?

Hello,

I would like to renew my National Citizen Identity Card (Portugal) as it would be expiring shortly and to also apply for a passport for my baby expected to arrive at the end of the year. Would anyone happen to know how I can get this done while in Bahrain?

I am aware that there was a Portuguese Consulate in Bahrain a few years ago but I don't think that is operational as of now. I was informed that Bahrain falls under the jurisdiction of the Embassy of Portugal in Saudi Arabia, but getting a visa to enter the country might not be feasible. The next best option is visiting the Embassy in Abu Dhabi, which I would prefer to avoid due to the travel involved.

Would appreciate if anyone has any alternative information on how to process the above from Bahrain itself? Are there any representatives that operate from here?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Suzanne D,

I hope that someone on the forum will reply to your query, in the meantime how about you call the embassy in Saudi Arabia or Abu Dhabi and find out whether there is a way out without travelling?

Joint Visa Application Centre (JVAC)
Riyadh, KSA
Call: +966 11 4825956 / +966 11 4816467
---------------------------------------------------
Abu Dhabi: Contactos
tel.: +971 265 05541

Good luck
T&R