Renewing 90 Day Guest Visa

Hello All,

I'm approaching the end of my 90 day USC temporary visa and I'd like to know if anyone knows for sure how to extend or get my passport re-stamped for another 90 days.  I've heard that I could go to any boarder, get stamped and come right back or possibly go to something called the "foreigners" office and they can do it right in Budapest.  Is this true?  If so does anyone know where one of these offices is and/or could this also be done at the US Embassy? 

Thanks!

Hi,

The US embassy, while famously hostile to locals, was the best customer service experience I ever had in Hungary when showing up as my US citizen daughter's father :-)

Just call them, and let us know what you found out!

Hmm  thats the other thing.  The number on the US Embassy's websight is (36-1) 475-4164 and I can't seem to get it to work on my hungarian phone.  It seems to be a number short.  Any suggestions?

minquick wrote:

Hmm  thats the other thing.  The number on the US Embassy's websight is (36-1) 475-4164 and I can't seem to get it to work on my hungarian phone.  It seems to be a number short.  Any suggestions?

36 is the country code, so you'd only need that from abroad.

From any Hungarian phone 06 1 475-4164 should work.

(If you want to get fancy and have a Budapest landline, you can drop the 06 1 part :-) )

aha!  thanks,  got it.  I should know this kind of stuff by now. 

I found out that the embassy cannot do an extension.  I have to go to one of the hungarian immigration and nationality offices.

bmbah.hu

minquick wrote:

aha!  thanks,  got it.  I should know this kind of stuff by now. 

I found out that the embassy cannot do an extension.  I have to go to one of the hungarian immigration and nationality offices.

bmbah.hu

Seems to have an English version, just yell here if you need any help though!

hey Iam going there as well , Just , you have to show importance for living being for other 90 days and pay extension fees