Moving to KAEC

Hi!

I will probably moving to KAEC within this year with my husband and my two 3 years old kids.
I will appreciate if you can provide me information about lifestyle for occidental expats, accommodation to rent (are there any compounds?), medical facilities, services available. Also, any information about the local school The World Academy is very welcomed.

Another important issue is the limitations for women. What is the dress code for occidental women? Are women allowed to drive in KAEC?

Thank you very much

Regards,
Ana

AMLLC wrote:

Hi!

I will probably moving to KAEC within this year with my husband and my two 3 years old kids.
I will appreciate if you can provide me information about lifestyle for occidental expats, accommodation to rent (are there any compounds?), medical facilities, services available. Also, any information about the local school The World Academy is very welcomed.

Another important issue is the limitations for women. What is the dress code for occidental women? Are women allowed to drive in KAEC?

Thank you very much

Regards,
Ana

Well look I have done expat relocations to KAEC

Currently there are just two buildings being given for rent
Marina 1 and Beach 1 by Emaar

Just one school called The World School

If you do need a personal relocation package kindly do PM me I'd help you out coz basically I'm based in Bahrain.

If you need any help other than a personal relocation service feel free to ask any question you got !

Woman aren't allowed to drive , but there is freedom for dress code that's what I saw in the schools !

There is a medical facility , and supermarkets across KAEC :)

Housing is expensive as it's currently being developed by Emaar so a beachside apartment would have skyrocketing prices 😄😂

Below is the apartment that's currently full constructed and available to rent.

Prices start from 9,000 SR Per Month

http://i.imgur.com/fqtrUO5.jpg

What I heard from Emaar Engineers and Businessmen that they are gonna make KAEC into what Dubai is now , so people won't have to travel to Dubai to enjoy life !

It's gonna be a world class city  :cool:

Thank you for the information.
I would appreciate more information about day life conditions specially of expats currently living in KAEC.
More information is very welcomed!

Someone living in KAEC?????
There is so few information on this city. Can you please share your experience?
Thank you!

Hello,

I am a Saudi citizen working at Emaar in KAEC since 2012.

First of all I would like to welcome you in KAEC, and will give you all the details you need about it from my personal experience, feel free if any questions.

KAEC is more of a quite place during weekdays, and  some events during weekends attracts more people. The population currently is 1000-3000 residents living in those beach front buildings, so many employees commute from Jeddah like me and you will see more people during work hours and weekends when we publish events.

KAEC is looking at the Red Sea and has a very beautiful beach, few good restaurants and hookah cafes. Also there is an international school named The World Academy for elementary students, it will expand within the coming few years to cover junior and high school students. One super market where you buy groceries and one another small grocery store in Marina building along with a pharmacy, a medical clinic occupied with an ambulance for emergency cases located in the school area.

I personally commute from Jeddah daily to work which takes me approximately 1 hour. Jeddah is one of the largest cities in the country, whenever you get bored you can just go to Jeddah where we have big malls and shopping centers, historical old Jeddah downtown, restaurants, hospitals, beach resorts and boats.

Saudi Arabia is more of a conservative lifestyle, good for families, yes women cannot drive or walk around without Abaya, but you will have a total different experience than other places around the world, and you will get used to it very easily, people here are friendly and welcoming. whenever you feel bored from the whole country then Dubai or Egypt is only a 2 hours flight from Jeddah, good for a short holiday or a weekend.

I hope this gives you all the details you need, ask me if you have any questions  :)

Hi!
Thank you so much for the information.
I had information that expat women do not need to wear abaya on KAEC. Is this true? What about women driving in KAEC ? I've read that there is a more progressive vision on this city since the goal is to attract foreign investments.
Do you personally know the apartments near the sea and the marina? Is there any shopping mall there?
What about playgrounds for children?

Sorry for asking so much questions, but I'm quite nervous with this life change

Thank you again!

Dear Ana
I work in KAEC, it's a nice place but it all depends. Women are not allowed to drive, the dressing code can be casual but not lingerie (within KAEC), a beach exist but not like Hawii or Miami, no compound accomodation, a shopping mall exist (Panda) . A good hospital exist; The world academy is a good school;  a sport complex centre is under construction which contains swimming pools , gym equipment, games like bowling; gulf coast under construction.
In summary , you shouldn't expect living in Saudi to be like the States or Europe - you can adopt within a short period!
Feel free to contact back if you need more info.
Regards

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you very much for the info!

Hi Ana,
  While searching through the expat pages found yours. My husband got a offer from Petro Rabigh and same thing we are so confused about the schooling, housing, medical and life in KAEC. Did you move there or not yet? Please share your information here for school, housing and life style over there. I will really appreciate that. As I have to move with my kids between high school to elementary ages so needs to find some family fun friendly place and good schooling. Please help. Thank you.

Dear Raja,

I'm not yet in KAEC, so I can't help much. The information that I have is that KAEC is still a very small city with approximately 5000 inhabitants, but it will grow fast within the next year and the next to come.
I think the photos and films from KAEC show a very friendly environment for families.
Sorry, I can't help much.

Regards

Hi,

I am considering to move to KAEC in near future. Have you already moved? How are the facilities and houses, schools, hospitals etc. Any information is appreciated.

@ asif6319  > Just to inform you that we haven't heard from the initiator since several months.

Please feel free to create your own thread by clicking here : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en so that you can obtain more updated answers more rapidly. :)

Good luck with your move,

Priscilla  :cheers: