What area should consider ?

Hi . My husband and I will be traveling to Belize in October for a month.  Looking to move. What area should consider ?

Hello Dorarichie - welcome to the forum!
Although Belize is a small country geographically, it varies quite considerably from region to region. Where to consider is dependent upon what you are looking for. There is a lot of information available on this forum, and from other sources as well, regarding potential areas in Belize. I will give you a short synopsis:
The Cayes - part of the second largest, but probably the greatest, barrier reef in the world, are unrivaled for diving, snorkeling, fishing, relaxing.
Orange Walk/Corozal - close to Mexico and easy to get there, less rain than in other areas of Belize, mostly flat to slightly hilly terrain, a lot of agriculture (cane sugar), fishing villages, adjoins Corozal/Chetumal Bay. Good for access to Caribbean sea.
Belize/Belize City - urban, business, commercial and government offices, port of Belize. High crime, little in the way of redeeming qualities. Some of the areas outside the city are comparable to most of the rest of Belize.
Stann Creek - Agriculture, fishing, small villages, mostly rural, but also includes Dangriga and Hopkins on the inland coast. Rolling hills, foothills and some of the Maya mountains in this region, it includes 1/2 of the Hummingbird Highway. Lots of citrus farms. Gets a lot of rain, almost as much as the Toledo area
Cayo - Has probably the largest population, and probably the largest number of ex-pats. It includes several cities, including San Ignacio/Santa Elena and Belmopan, the capital. Also includes the area of Pine Forest Mountain Reserve. Rolling terrain, lots of rivers, lots of agriculture. Spanish Lookout is also located in Cayo, the largest Mennonite community in Belize- looks like Iowa. Less rain here than in Stann Creek or Toledo.
Toledo - the most rain in the country here in southern Belize. Includes Punta Gorda, the largest city in the south. Primarily agriculture and fishing on the coastal areas here. A lot of bananas and corn. Flat to hilly terrain, from the coast to the southern Maya mountains, a wide variety of landscape and geography. The majority of the Mayan population lives in Toledo, and there are some specific restrictions for non-Mayans in some areas here.The least populated of all the areas in Belize.
Take your time and visit as many areas as you can.
Hope you enjoy your trip!

This is just my opinion, and you know what they say. "Everybody has one". But I think there are only two choices, if you can visualize this in Belize. Rural or Urban. Anything else, take a little ride. :-)  Just my opinion.

/Corozal :  is there a crime issue?  How is the diving, I'm a carded diver for decades.  I've seen some comments that living in Belize is like living next to a slum as far as thievery, break-ins, being outside after sunset, having to keep large, noisy dogs, putting bars on windows and doors, etc. 

I moved out of the city to get away from all that and have no interest in going to the aggravation and expense of making such a dramatic relocation as this just to move back into the city environment.

Anyone from the Corozal region have advice?  Thanks amigo/a  :)

come for a visit.  see if it fits for you.    Your personal experience and desires will determine if you like more than you dislike here.

My hubby and I are considering Belize to retire full time to but I want to know which areas might fit best... We like ocean, bars and walking distance to market area but it needs to be safe and with some expats for friendships as well.  We are pretty easy going but the mountains and rugged terrain are not for us but either are large cities... looking for that laid back kind of life near the ocean but not too expensive... I don't ask for much now do I... lol any advice would be appreciated... Coming from Canada to get away from these awful winters....

Corozal sounds pretty good to me.  I've been communicating with an 8-year resident and she's pretty happy with the location, expat community, and local social activities.  Located next to a shallow bay, not much for diving, it is storm resistant and ideal for beaching it.

I chose a quite spot as it seemed. I am where I can drive to other places that may be filled with excitement and entertainment. I ca see the sea from my location. If I choose to walk, I don't think that it is that far. I may need to carry a blanket if it is.  :)

Belize is an amazingly diverse population.  Each area of the country is uniquely beautiful and attracts very different people.     

Beach life is typically in Ambergris Caye with nightclubs, restaurants and a laid back atmosphere.  Placencia is the fastest growing ex-pat community with new arrivals every month coming in from the U.S., Canada, Europe and even Australia.  The Placencia community is vibrant and interactive.  Many social options.   

San Ignacio is the center of mountain living and people tend to be more isolated.   Small mountain farms and eco living are the norm.

Corozal, I have to admit, I don't understand and thus have not spent much time there.

Most important is to spend time in an area to get to know the atmosphere, the culture and the climate.   Life in San Ignacio is very, very different than life in Placencia.   Visiting for a few days is not likely to give you an accurate view of the area's positives or negatives.    Try to spend at least a week or, preferrably a month, in an area you think will work for you.   Then go spend another week in a second choice.   Too many people make their choice too quickly and wind up with a poor fit.

Best Regards
ParadiseBelize

consider Hopkins
Easy going best beach in Belize- excellent people- little to no crime- good expats

Where is this little slice of Hawaii?  How does it compare with Corozal?  How similar to Mexico, Cozumel?  Lifestyle comparable to Cozumel, Merida, Cancun?

I'm trying to get away from the awful winters in Kansas City, MO...which we import from Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, etc....very nice Canadian weather...eh?)