Looking for work around Lille - Any Ideas?

Hello all,

Hoping for some advice and inspiration!

My girlfriend has got a teaching job in Lille from Sep to April and i'm hoping to come with her but ideally will need a job.

I'm not adverse to doing something different or low paid but I have 5 years experience in digital/marketing, lots of experience in retail and I also work as an instructor in the leisure industry. I have a TEFL too but not sure if those opportunities are really out there?

I'm learning French but my knowledge is basic and whilst i have a good understanding I'm far from fluent.

Appreciatte any advice or of course if anyone knows of any jobs going!
#
Thanks

Hello,

You can try to register with "agences d'interim" which are agencies for temporary jobs (adecco etc..).

Lille has got plenty of universities and schools with international programs so may be check with them?

Lastly try to explore this site called: www.leboncoin.fr : it seems that a lot of people of putting various ads on any topics on this site.

If you want to use your experience as an instructor, may explore the following site; www.meetup.com and create a group of fitness?? I have found a group pf Swedish gym in Lille on FB: check out if they need instructors?

I don't know if it is helpful or not: I am as well moving to Lille so don't know the upside down of the city yet.

Good luck ;-)

Hi Robmcquattie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to drop an advert in our section Jobs in Lille, it will be more easy to find a job :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hi ! I've posted an offer for an English assistant just two minutes ago. I'm an English teacher in Lille and i'm looking for an assistant to help my students (aged 11/14) in conversational English. If you're still interested, you can contact me: *********
See you soon !

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello everyone :)

Im currently living in the Uk but am looking to relocate to Raimbeaucourt/Lille.

My partner is French and currently lives with his family in Raimbeaucourt. I will be living with them for a few months and we will be moving into our own place in the new year.

If anyone could help with where is the best place to look for work i would be really thankful 

Thanks  :)

Hello :)

I am really interested in the job you have posted.

Kind regards

Victoria

Hi ! You sound juste perfect for the job ! It's in Lille if you're already there ! Raimbeaucourt is very close to m'y hometown :-)  Can you send me tout résumé by e-mail ?**

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hello,

Brilliant. I can indeed, what's your email ?

Thankyou :)

Can you see it ? Maybe it's blocked by thé web site..

Juste un case, you're not supposed to speak in french with them :-)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that