Real estate agent recommendations

Hi

I'm slowly starting the process of looking for a house to buy. Preferred areas are El Valle, Altos del Maria,  Capira, Coronado, Gorgona, San Carlos ... or anything in between.

Could anyone recommend a good real estate agent who covers this area and goes beyond just listing properties that are already found on a dozen of other websites?

Thanks

Hmmmm ... I take it there is no such thing as a "good real estate agent"?  :D So let me rephrase the question: How did you go about buying your home? Just driving around, word of mouth or ...?? Or does everyone rent?

Yes, most people just rent properties in Panama.  Buying is easy, selling is difficult.  Read the post by Toddlewis on the thread "Why do some expats leave Panama".  She is also the author of "Panama?  Why Panama?" and "Postcards from Panama"  If you read her blog you will see how difficult it is to sell a house in Panama if you change your mind about living in Panama.

I can highly recommend Panama Equity Real Estate.  Kent Davis is a professional and his agency covers the areas that you mention.  I used Panama Equity to rent our condo in Panama City.  The agent handled everything perfectly, paying attention to details like lease terms, deposits, and providing a translated lease.  Renting was easy and smooth.  Panama Equity has an easy to follow website:
panamaequity.com/panama

Hi,

I just sent you a message.
I can tell you a bit about the Real Estate Market in Panama but also Panama in general.
Just let me know.

Regards,

Tom

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

@ TomRichter - Thank you for helping  ;). It would be great if you share your information here on this thread, so as members who have the same questions may have answers to their question also.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Sure, sorry about that. If he wants to know a bit more about those areas I am happy to give some more information.
Tom

Thanks for the responses. The reason I asked is that I have planned another brief trip to Panama in 2 months. The goal of the visit is to have a look at a couple of properties / projects (I currently have a list of approx. 10 I'd like to see in the beaches and / or El Valle area). So I'm trying to figure out whether I should do that on my own or if there are any agents out there that could add some value to the process and cover several of the properties on my list.

Hi Soarer,

I can't give you any recommendations of what would be best, but most probably it will be useful to do it with an agent because they do now more about the property. If it is a good agent they will be able to tell you if there is anything wrong with the property etc.. Also many private sellers overprice their properties because they might not know anything about the market. There are many other reason why I think its better with an agent. Anyways it does not cost you anything in some cases. Anyways I don't want to recommend any company nor an agent but currently I am working for *** so if you have any question you can contact me. I can also give you contacts of other good real estate companies if you like. Let me know.

Regards,

Tom

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting the name of the company you work for

My only recommendation would be to avoid dealing with MSG Group with developer Marco Shrem Gateno. He's been a developer of Malibu resort and Naos Harbour Island. All investors got screwed. Deposits paid, construction never completed and no refunds. Good luck!

we have had zero success with a real estate agent to sell aditional parcel of land at our property near La Conception

she put up a few signs then forgot about it.

Sorry can't be much help.  Panama doesn't operate the way we do in Canada.

There is a partially devellopped house in our community of 41 lots
all owned by Canadians
A Canadian is building the house, so it's under way.
Tropical Places

Would you like the contact name of the person.  He's a really nice fellow from Ft. McMurray Alberta Canada
he also has a 5th Wheel trailer that he drove from Canada to Stay in while he builds

He has two lots, going to build and live in one, and sell the house and lot of the other one.

Let me know if you are interested.

almostretired wrote:

There is a partially devellopped house in our community of 41 lots
all owned by Canadians
A Canadian is building the house, so it's under way.
Tropical Places

Would you like the contact name of the person.  He's a really nice fellow from Ft. McMurray Alberta Canada
he also has a 5th Wheel trailer that he drove from Canada to Stay in while he builds

He has two lots, going to build and live in one, and sell the house and lot of the other one.

Let me know if you are interested.

I see you're located in David, so I assume the community you're talking about is there as well. If so, this is not the area I'm looking for. Thanks for the offer though.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum