Health Inurance

Has anyone bought health cover as an ex-pat living full-time in Siem Reap?
If so details and contacts please.

Hello capitanojuliano,

Well you can also get a free quote from our partner for a health cover in Siem Reap. Jusk click on the link below :

- Expatriate health insurance in Siem Reap

Hope it helps,  :)
Bhavna

We got our health insurance through Pacific Prime in Hong Kong. I would not recommend a Cambodian (local) health insurance, since local healthcare is very affordable, and you want to be covered for emergencies that require medevac, costly medication etc.

We have a contract with very high deductibles, and very high bonus for not claiming.

Thanks for the reply
Can you please supply contact details

EEEks.  I'd be scared to get health cover in Cambodia.  Who would you trust?  On the one hand would they cough up, and on the other would the hospital see it as an opportunity to make mega-bucks and chop out your vital organs when all you had was a broken ankle?

Never trusted British insurance companies so would be very very hesitant in the 'third world'.  Prefer to have enough money to get me across the border and on a plane to somewhere with a reliable health system.  I'd recommend China in the event of a major accident.  Had the most wonderful and affordable treatment ever in the Peking Teaching Hospital, Beijing.

capitanojuliano wrote:

Thanks for the reply
Can you please supply contact details

Very easy to find on Google :)