Ready to come to singapore

Pls am jones from Ghana, all my documents are ready to come to singapore very soon. My concern is i want to come and find work and not just to spend a month there so am asking cherished members advise me on my chances of finding job as a university graduate in singapore and how is it possible to extend my stay once am there?   Any links to recruiting agency?

Hi Freshsaint,

I invite you to post an advert on our Jobs in Singapore to increase your chances of getting a job.

It would be great if you talk a bit more about yourself to make the thread more friendly :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hello stephanie, am a gentle guy , tall and a ghanaian. I like making friends , and am holding bachelor of science in biological sciences.

Hi Freshsaint,

Thank you for your introduction :)

For your demand of a link to recruiting agency > Recruitment Agencies in Singapore :)

What motivates you to go and work in Singapore?

Thank you

Stéphanie

As the very first thing you should check with MoM whether your university degree is recognised - if not, you basically have no realistic chance of finding work in your field.
A 30-days tourist visa can be extended at ICA to up to 89 days, but you need a good reason for doing it.
A month stay is very short to find a job in Singapore, as the hiring processes tend to be slow. (Also Singapore is not cheap, so bring enough cash to survive such a long stay - S$100/day is the minimum you need!)
To make the best out of your limited time, you should start contacting as many potential employers (i.e. companies in your industry) now, before you come, and mention your visit in the cover letter - this way they are more likely to invite you for an interview. Also, while here, you should do intensive networking: Visit professional events, trade fair and seminars, talk to as many people in your field as possible and make sure they know your abilities, have your contact details and keep you in mind in case they hear of any suitable opening - this is the most likely source of job leads!
If you talk to a potential employer, make sure to focus on your niche skills that are rare in Singapore. That makes it easier for them to write a justification for hiring a foreigner and not a local. Also ask whether the job has already been unsuccessfully posted on the locals-only Job Bank, so a foreigner CAN be hired.
Once you have a job offer, the company will apply for your EP. You may during that time return home (if your visa runs out) and wait for the outcome there - it can take 1 - 2 months.

hi beppi, so  pls can i stay with a friend till i get a job?

Yes, if you have a friend who lets you stay with him/her, that's great.