High water bill

Has anyone gotten an extraordinarily high water bill ? We went from about $60.00 to over $80.00. We can't understand such a leap in cost. We don',t have anything that could warrant such a raise in rate. My hubby waters the plants every morning but he has been doing that for a while.

I understand that the taxes are a big part of it but still have ??? We are going to the office and check it out. Any though???

Tonie

My Partner, has had a couple of high water bills, the past two months, nothing has changed in daily routine.  Is a mystery

It was in the local news that the water bills were higher since the water restrictions started. Lots of complains about higher that normal water bills. As always, the government was denying any increase. We look at eh bills from our house is Sabana Grande and it is a few dollars higher as well. I ask my sister in law (she lives in Guayanilla) and her bill is also higher this month.

Here in the Illinois I'm currently fighting my electric bill.  It went from $92 to $174 and we didn't even have the air on at all!  We've never ever had a bill that high including winter months when the furnace is running.  I'm demanding they send someone to test the meter.

Schuttzie wrote:

Here in the Illinois I'm currently fighting my electric bill.  It went from $92 to $174 and we didn't even have the air on at all!  We've never ever had a bill that high including winter months when the furnace is running.  I'm demanding they send someone to test the meter.

Lucky you! Here in Texas our lower bill is around $200 and climbing, it is mandatory to have the AC on!!! Specially since this last weeks the temperatures had been in the high 90s to 100 degrees! And with the humidity it feels at 110 degrees...... :sosad:

Oh, my, gosh!  We turned it on Fri. and Sat. as the humidity was very high and temps. hitting 90.  But that is the only time so far this year so our bill shouldn't be that high, at all, for this last cycle of not even having run the AC.

Thanks all for your replies. I guess we will just have to deal with it. I don't understand how the rationing is affecting the bill since we are in Quebradilla and the water has not been rationed here. Every once in a while, we lose water for several hours or a day but not too often, Thank goodness.