Need help - How is Doha for Indians? Cost of life, Car ? etc

Hi

I am planning to move to Doha, would like to have your thoughts on below points.

1) How is Doha as a city to stay in for Indians
2) Can you recommend places to stay preferably with sea view ( rental range that I should keep in mind)
3) Average monthly expense keeping in mind - daily groceries, food, local travel, full time helper internet and Indian channels etc etc
4) Any hidden cost that I need to be aware
5) what budget should I consider for having a mid range car ( new or second hand)
6) I heard that the person who is getting a job needs to be there in Qatar - Is thar true

Thanks for all your help.

Dushyant

Dushy wrote:

Hi

I am planning to move to Doha, would like to have your thoughts on below points.

1) How is Doha as a city to stay in for Indians
2) Can you recommend places to stay preferably with sea view ( rental range that I should keep in mind)
3) Average monthly expense keeping in mind - daily groceries, food, local travel, full time helper internet and Indian channels etc etc
4) Any hidden cost that I need to be aware
5) what budget should I consider for having a mid range car ( new or second hand)
6) I heard that the person who is getting a job needs to be there in Qatar - Is thar true

Thanks for all your help.

Dushyant

Please take the time to read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.

Hello Dushyant and welcome on board :)

As suggested by our Expert Stumpy, please browse the forum by ''forum categories'' found on the up right hand side of your screen to gather as much informations as possible.

Sections such as 'Cost of Living' 'Everyday Life' 'Cars&Transportation' amongst others will give you lots of informations.

Regards
Kenjee

Hello Dushyant
People of all nationalities are moving to Doha in quest for work.
There is lots of information, on cost of living, available on internet. Cost of housing is a major component. You may need to spend close to 12000 QAR for a 1 BHK fully furnished accommodation at your favoured locations. The rentals are likely to grow @7%