Moving from NL to Italy. Non-EU citizen. how it goes for work permit?

Hi there!

I am an Indonesian citizen holding a dutch residence permit. Currently a company in Milan wants to hire me but they are a bit concerned with the working permit stuff. Anybody has a similar experience and can tell me what to do now?

Thank you!

Hi there!

Why is that? Italian companies are well aware of the work permits in Italy. If you have a Dutch perment residence permit you can live in any European country. You can go yourself to register and get a "permiso di soggiorno". That way you can work whitout having to request a work visa. I am not expert so ask around. I have a friend with a permanent residency in Italy that moved to Germany with no issues. All he had to do was registered with the local agencies.

Hope that helps.

It seems virtually impossible for an American to obtain the permesso di soggiorno, except through marriage to an Italian or  a work contract with an Italian company and no Italian companies are hiring Americans. It is very frustrating.  People from every other country, illegals, clandestines etc.  are welcomed with open arms, but the Americans are given a 3 -month  tourist visa and a labyrinthian bureaucracy just to get the right tro live here.  It is absurd. We saved this country from the Nazi's and this is the thanks.

Hello,, How about if I only have Permesso di Soggiorno, can i work outside italy?

wuntujohn wrote:

Hello,, How about if I only have Permesso di Soggiorno, can i work outside italy?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

No, the Permesso di Soggiorno is an Italian residence permit, nothing else; it does permit your travel as a tourist to other Schengen countries without a visa, but if you want to work anywhere else, then you will need to go through that specific countries process for a work permit.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team