Employment

I'm moving to the island in August and will be looking for work in the travel industry. Does anyone have any contacts with the airlines, IATA travel agents, or any hotels. My field is sales and marketing.
Thanks in advance

barbara torrance wrote:

I'm moving to the island in August and will be looking for work in the travel industry. Does anyone have any contacts with the airlines, IATA travel agents, or any hotels. My field is sales and marketing.
Thanks in advance

I do not have any contact but if you enter with a tourism visa,then you will have to get back in your country and come again if you find a job as they require to enter with a business visa to apply at the BOI for a working permit. And to enter with a business visa you must have a contract or a proof you are coming for business.

Thanks for your info.  I am coming in on a Resident Permit. Was told that if I got a job the company applies for the work permit.

barbara torrance wrote:

Thanks for your info.  I am coming in on a Resident Permit. Was told that if I got a job the company applies for the work permit.

Ok good then :)

barbara torrance wrote:

Are you coming as a retiree ?
as per :Non-citizens, above the age of 50 years, may also choose to retire in Mauritius under a Residence Permit (RP).

where you have to deposit $40K every year in a bank account in Mauritius?

then as such ,As a retired non-citizen, you are not allowed to engage in any gainful activities in Mauritius.

Just to let you know about this restriction, just in case you were not aware of  or was made to believe that you could do so

There are many Hotels on the Island and in Flic en Flac many of the Big names are there and may need help as many english speaking guests do come and stay there I am talking about the HILTON and SOFITEL group who have big hotels here in Flic en Flac but others such as La Pigouge and Sugar Beach are part of the SUN RESORT group and are equally as big.

Thank you Lexmar.

I also came from England last year to live in Mauritius but I am now married to a family friend and I feel that after a year I am a 'Morisen' i.e. a local now. Many Mauritius people are only too pleased to help the NEWBIES to the island. It is a fantastic place even if it seems to lack a good cultural night life , during the day it is very =vibrant and full of so many different characters and people selling what they can even by the roadside etc. most of the time you will be greeted with a smile. you will gradually pick up the local language Creole as many people will speak first to you in Creaole or French as well as English

Hi
I know the Airotians are friendly. I have been visiting the island for many years.