Document Legalization issue (Indian expats)

I seek advice from Indian expats who have recently got their academic certs attested by embassy and legalized by the Justice Dept. in HCMC. This was an issue I encountered recently in HCMC that left me confused.

Justice Dept. will put the stamps on documents only after Embassy has verified the same.
Embassy attested my University Degree Certs and even PCC (done from PP office in India within past 3 months) with a stamp saying .....
"" Verified true copy of the original. Embassy doesn't take any responsibility for the content of the document.""

This was very confusing and I never had such comments last time when I attested the same documents from Hanoi years ago. When asked about this 'new' phrase, they said it's the new policy.

My questions are:
Can I still submit these attested copies to Justice Dept for legalization?
If NOT, then what's the process.... do I need to travel back to India and do it there?
It seems Embassy just puts the stamp (attestation), doesn't take responsibility of verification any more.
If not verified, how can Justice Dept. legalize it?.... or.... Is it alright?

I would appreciate If any Indian expat who has gone through the procedure recently can give me advice on this issue.

Hi

You meant legalized by External Relations Dept. in 184bis Pasteur Street right? Cause Justice Department is another one.

I never make document for Indian but with Germany and Malta's documents I experienced the same thing. The embassy just certify that it is a true copy so that they do not take responsibility on the content.

In my cases, everything is fine. External Relations Dept. accepted it and put on a Consular Authentication seal. Then I gave it to translation company for translation and finally submitted to the authority in work permit applications.

So I believe that it's also fine in your case.

@VanKhanh Ho
Hi, Thanks so much for the assurance.
You are right, I thought it was Justice Dept, which too is located on Pasteur street.
The address was 184B, External Relations Dept.

Next time, I won't hesitate to submit these embassy-attested docs to External Relations Dept. for legalization.
In fact, when I showed those embassy-attested documents to the HR of a potential employer, she was confused and had no suggestion. I was indeed very upset as well.

One other thing, just  in case you have knowledge about it....
I have a TEFL certificate which I got from an organization primarily based out of Phuket, Thailand. They conduct classes in other countries.
Embassy didn't attest my TEFL since it originated outside of my country, instead suggested to go to the "Justice Dept" (that's exactly what they said) to get it done. 

Is it really the place to go to attest a TEFL certificate?  Not sure.
Do you have any knowledge about it? I think JD is where people go while getting married in Viet Nam.

Hi

I never heard that someone go to Justice Department to have their document being legalised.

One of my client got a Celta Cert in Vietnam but have to work with British embassy to legalise it. So maybe you are in the same situation. You should check the certificate to see nationality of the organisation who issued the cert then contact that embassy to see if they are in charge of it.

Please update if you found the right way. Thanks

I think Vietnamese authorities will accept your documents as long as it bears the Consulate seal  :)
Of course, Consulate do it fast before verification of your credentials so cannot take responsibility. Here you are making an affidavit impliedly  :)

Embassy will not verify the contents, they only can confirm if the documents are true or not.  The procedure for documents usable oversea is that, you need to have it notarized in home country, then the foreign affair will need to certify the stamp of notary is true and authentic.  Vietnamese authority will then accept.  It'd better you check with authorities in Vietnam before hand or seek help from lawyers in Vietnam.  Cheers, Jenny