1 month in bangkok meet up with expats?

Hello,
Me and my girlfriend are currently staying in Bangkok for 1 month. We'd like to meet up with some expats to discover the possibilities of living here. We've fallen in love with the country and would like to know what our options are, specially regarding work and visa regulations. We appreciate any input given in replies, but it would be wonderful if someone was willing to meet face to face to explain us firsthand how things work here.

I'm a 26 year old guy from Holland with some minor degrees and a background in IT and journalism. She's a Irish citizen from 19 with administrative experience and a second year literature dropout.

Thanks in advance.

Henk

Dear Henk,

Welcome to Expat.com.

If you want to meet up with other expat, feel free to have a look on our Bangkok social network, and for information about visa and work regulation please have a look at the Living guide in Thailand it will be more easily for you.

Thanks

Stéphanie

All work requires work permit and proper visa otherwise you might get picked up by immigration which means going to court where you will be fined and deported.

Oh don't worry I wouldn't think about staying anywhere illegally. Don't think I could handle the stress/constant looking over my shoulder.

If I have several years of experience in a field(journalism) but no related degree will I still be eligible for a work permit?