Uni Job - 1800 kd/month

Morning guys,

I have been offered a Lecturer position in Kuwait with a salary of 1800 kd/month plus 250kd for accommodation. Will be moving there ALONE with my family staying in Australia. The point is to save money in the next couple of years to eat away at the mortgage. Can I save from this monthly amount while maintaining a western living standard (no shabby housing, a half decent car, decent gym, etc). Any help will be appreciated.

Yes of course but may i knw which Uni offering for you a lecturer position ?

Rather not say here

Ok let me knw plz in private msg so i Can help u with further information and details 👍

Hello there, the salary is good I suppose, but the Housing allowance is less because you will have to supplement it from your salary. You will possibly require at least a 2 Bedroom Apartment. If you want unfurnished, a decent Apartment will cost you at lease 400 KD at most places, and if you want fully furnished it will cost you at least 500 KD. A decent Car rental or installment will be around 100 KD. Food and other miscellaneous expenses may cost another 200-250 KD. But you can still save around 1000 to 1100 KD  overall depending on how you manage your finances. Will that be ample savings for you? Only you can decide. Good Luck!!!

Thanks buddy

This is really helpful :)

Rental costs depends on which area you will be working in. You will definitely be able to save at least 1000KD or more each month. Once you get here you will get into the routine of things and find out more ways to save money when shopping, dining etc.

You can check out my blog for more info on Kuwait and email me if you have any further questions. Good luck and welcome to Kuwait!

Thanks 411,

Good info, really helpful. What about rental apartment, a decent furnished 1 bed in a good area? Older blogs vary from 150 to 500pm.

Cheers

Hi All,

My company has offered me to shift to Kuwait for 1 year in 1250 KWD . I am a software engg with 5 yrs exp. Can someone please suggest me is this offer is good. I have a wife too which will come along with me. Please help me in taking my decision.

Hi theDoc,

Just wondering if you have accepted the Uni offer? I would be also interested in looking into that option for a friend of mine.

Unfortunately, no. I had a better opportunity in the UAE.

Sounds Great! Well Congrats for the same! UAE is much better place.

Thanks, let me know if u need some info anyway

Oh Sure, Thanks! I will send you my email ID through private message for further correspondence!

That about 8500 plus Australian dollars....are u making more or less and is it really going to help u