Books Exchange Club

Hello Fellow 'Jeddawians',

This ignorant one has just had an epiphany about the 'power' acquired through reading.

Kidding. Drama aside, I just want to kick alive the reader within me and develop the habit (eventually make it a hobby, hopefully). Now that I've got more time than usual on my hands and have been looking into books, I realized it would be a good thing to have some sort of books exchange club here - where we can borrow/trade books with other fellow Jeddawians.

Perhaps some such thing already exists in the city? If so, enlighten this ignorant one!:| If not, who wants to join? :D

-Mortal

Jeddawian thingy aside. im in. ;)

Salman

Salman,

Great!

Just wondering how we can trade/borrow books considering you're in Riyadh. You thinking courier?

I'm interested too, but I'm in Jubail!

I may not be into the exchange part since my books are way too dear to me to let them go. But I would love to get involved in book recommendations, reviews & discussions. So what are you guys reading? :D

Nice to see the interests. Ah well, I guess for those in the same city, they can exchange/borrow.

For cross-city stuff, perhaps we can share e-books we know of? (Economical route minus the leisure of reading in your bed. Dislike reading off the screen though.)

Plus, as MadMaz suggests, we can discuss books we've read (or finish reading, in my case). That works as an incentive for me and would discipline my undisciplined self.:| (Sadly, I need deadlines to make this a habit.)

I'm currently reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Intend on reading The Cross and the Crescent by Jerald Dirks after this as well. Want to read The Alchemist too! Been hearing it being acclaimed quite a bit.

As a 'novice reader', I can't share much at the time-being, unfortunately. :(

So, veteran readers, please commence the discussion/recommendations!

P.S. MadMaz, I share your sentiments for 'dear books', but perhaps lending may work (with those in your city)? :) I may not have been clear, but my main point was the purpose of borrowing and/or trading for those that would wish to.

seems like a very cool idea ;D i got medical books (borrring?) a couple of mario puzos, and 1 anne rice. also have 2 E-books: etiquette for dummies... and mrs fields cookie recipes book, lol! but i won't be there till nov/dec this year ;-)