Importing goods and Customs

I want to import about 20 bottles of Vitamins and protein for skin (in the form of capsules). I have so many friends asking me for this particular product. I already have a supplier from abroad, they will ship them by EMS. What are the procedures in the customs. I heard that they will have to examine it and approve it by a doctor/pharmacist. Do i need a license to bring it in from the post office? I searched online a lot but most websites tell about the procedures for electronics not for cosmetics or pharmaceuticals. If anyone knows the process please let me know.
Thank you.

You may need to clear those with a MoH officer but, usually, small quantities (eg. for personal use) don't require a license.

My best advise, however, would be to call MoH and maybe MoC depending on the quantity.

As iJulien said, it depends on the quantity. If it is for a personal use, that means the quantity is not too much (small parcel), you won't need a license but it must be legal of course. They will ask you to make a letter indicating it is for your own use. Also note that the customs, under the government pharmacist authority, will inspect the goods at the post office when you will pick the parcel at the Mauritian Post Office of Port Louis. And last but not least, the parcel must be collect from monday to friday (12.00 - 12.30) or on saturday (10.30 - 11.15).

Bye