Rebtel calls to Cuba (they lock you out do not use their services)

I have had it with these telephone companies and their willy nilly way of doing business!!!

REBTEL offers inexpensive calls to Cuba, BUT what they don't tell you is they have partnered with payment partners which are doing them a great disservice.

I usually call my fiancee in Cuba once every night and choose a $5 call so as to maintain a tight budget (If you choose greater amounts, YOU WILL USE THEM since you don't want to hang up).
Now $35 a week does not seem like a great amount to me BUT

REBTEL LOCKS YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU USE IT TOO OFTEN.

Now tell me if that is not the craziest business model you ever heard of?
They say it is for security. WHAT SECURITY can a $5 a day charge pose to their payment providers?

Do any of you have a good way to keep in contact with my fiancee in Cuba that won't break the bank and that it IS NOT REBTEL?

I use Rebtel and I have no complains at all.
I put 5 bucks or other plans and the voice is neat and clear.
I stick with this one to call to Matanzas.

Saludos

My husband and I use (IMO) app. If your future husband has a cell phone and goes to a park with wifi , you can video chat with him and you both can see each other for only. In cuba he needs to buy a card of $2 cuc it is for 1 hour and you recharge his cell phone online with Dimecuba.com for only $10 dollars and that's it. He will need to call you. You can not call him but every time you recharge his cell the company gives you for free 1 or 2 SMS text that you can send him.
We only spend about $20 a week because there is always a special. You pay $25 and in cuba he will get $40 cuc. Great deal. Now, I send money to cubq every month only $50 and with $8cuc is for the month to chat with us. My brother uses his credit too to send us email too. He even has Facebook. Any question email me.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hello all

I would also say download apps such as :

1. Viber
2. Skype

if you have a smartphone and access to internet. That can really cut down the cost for calling abroad anywhere in the world. Both people (caller and receiver) should have smartphone, these apps installed, and a decent internet connection.

As for texting, you can check out :

1. Line
2. Whatsapp
3. facebook

Regards
Kenjee