Gym club with swimming pool in cairo

Hi everybody
Does anybody can recommend a gym club with indoor swimming pool in Cairo (ideally Maadi)?
Thanks!
Zoum 78

There's Gold Gym & Samia Alouba both are some what famous (no idea if there's a pool you can ask the phone numbers are on the site)

goldsgymegypt.com/Branches.Aspx

samiaalloubacenter.com/Default.aspx?UC=./UI/Visitor/Branch/Branch&PageID=branch

Welcome to Expat.com, Zoum78 :)

I move your topic to Cairo's forum for a better visibility and hope fellow members in that forum will be able to help you out with this very soon :)

Cheers
Arlette

golds gym also has a roof top pool along with a hot tub.not sure what the current yearly fees are.its locate on rd nine, on the big square which is really a circle its a decent gym.

Why dont you try a SPA instead? Usually you find both at the same time plus other services. Five stars hotels they do have swimming pools and gym.

Hi everybody! I am new in Expat.com. I will move to Cairo on January 2011. I am very excited but also a bit anxious...It is so reassuring to know that there is a very active expat community in Egypt, that we can ask questions and get quick answers just with one click. Leaving his family, friends and home is not easy...I've lived in many different countries, and it is always the same thing: I always cry the day I arrive, and I also cry the day I leave...I know that it will be hard at the begining, I will feel lonely, lost and confused but I will get used to Cairo, I will build new friendships and someday I will leave this country with a lot of great memories!
I is weird to start with the swimming pool question, isn't? before even thinking about rental, transportation etc...actually, I love swimming and I just can't imagine myself leaving somewhere without my favorite sport!!
@ Y30, shorouk, I will call the gym clubs you have mentioned. Thanks!
@ FeeAcer, Thank you very much. I am learning how to use this great resource...:)
@ wild, thanks for your suggestion. Actually I am searching for a swimming pool with minimum 25 m length. Do SPAs in hotels have such facilities???
Zoum78

The only SPA i know with such a big pool is in Hilton Dreamland, but that one is an aquamedic pool(self hydromassage), not for swimming.

Actually I am searching for a swimming pool with minimum 25 m length.

I know for a fact the pool at golds gym is pretty small.

@ Zoum you should try the sporting clubs for pool of that size.

I know  Gezira has a big pool as well as Heliopolis but not sure about anything in Maadi thought

263 Rd., New Maadi
I think you can check this spa its really great and so quite but i think there is no swiming pool there.
Maia Wellness And Spa
Maadi, Cairo
Tel:  02-25193621, 011-5955557, 011-5966667
Fax:  02-25193621

Massage – Skin cleaning & exfoliation – Facial masks – Baths (Moroccan & Turkish) – Specialized hair care – Waxing – 15% discount during mornings – Up to 50% discount for women.

Thanks for all the information you sent me!
Zoum 78

:)

Hey zoum!

The pool at Gold's gym will definitely be too small for you. But the gym facilities are great. I especially liked that they have an entire woman's floor, including sauna area etc.

The Wadi Digla Sports Club has a pool, I'm not sure if it's olympic length, but it's much larger than Gold's gym.

Check out the Wadi Digla Club on wadidegla.com/home.html

Best of luck with your move here!

Maadi Club has an olympic size pool, i think its 20 or 30LE to enter.

@zoum. I was in Tajammu3 before, It's quite long pool. But I can't assure you it is 25 meter. Maybe about 25m. By the way, I heard there is a spa in Genina Mall in Cairo. Near to Abbas Aqad if I'm not mistaken. Never been there but planned to go there soon.