Confused, stressed. Simple questions about visas.

I'm considering moving my family to Oz.  I've never dealt with visas before, so this is a big unknown for me...

When I apply for my visa, does it "apply" to my family as well?  (It is an umbrella for them?)  Along with my visa, are there separate visas that they must have?  I'll have to pay fees for my visa.  Again, will there be separate fees for them as well?

Hi, here are some quick answers to your questions--  1) The visa you are applying for will state whether or not dependents or a spouse can migrate with you on that visa.  If you don't see this in the visa description, read through the application. 2) The fee is for the visa application.  3) You need to apply before you turn 45.

Try to take the time to read the website as carefully as possible, as you need the same attention to detail to accurately and successfully complete all requirements of the visa application.  Good luck with all of this. All the best to you.

Hi thinkingaboutoz,

The Guide to Australia is also a good source of information, namely the Chapter on Visas :)